The Student Room Group

I told her I am walking away.

So there's too much to describe here, too many feelings and way too many emotions and things that have happened between us in a short time frame.

I get things went too fast and she lost attraction. She had fleeting infatuation. She obviously just doesn't feel everything I want her to feel.

Despite her saying just last week "My feelings might change, next week, next month, three months' time I might really miss you and that will be bad for the both of us"

She started dating someone else recently too, so quickly after me and so I told her "Now I am going to walk away".

She views my Instagram Story (Private one) A LOT, I can't see anyone else in the analytics section that views my story more than her and it's always within minutes of me posting.

I just feel like what she says is true, I did so many good things, so many good memories that she has of us on her Instagram and I made her very happy. That walking away from her will pull her back, and I am now so hurt, not sure if I ever want to face her again....
Original post by ConcordeBA
That walking away from her will pull her back

By telling her that you were walking away from the situation you have essentially told her that you are done with her for good and there is nothing else she can do to fix it. What she will interpret from that is even if she did change her mind there is no point in chasing you so not to bother, so I wouldn't expect this to pan out how you're hoping.

For the sake of your own sanity you should block her across all social media. That will give you the space to move on.
(edited 11 months ago)
Reply 2
Original post by 1582
By telling her that you were walking away from the situation you have essentially told her that you are done with her for good and there is nothing else she can do to fix it. What she will interpret from that is even if she did change her mind there is no point in chasing you so not to bother, so I wouldn't expect this to pan out how you're hoping.

For the sake of your own sanity you should block her across all social media. That will give you the space to move on.

I mean it's difficult to just delete/block her as we had amazing memories, happy ones and it ended for weird and abrupt reasons. Anyway, that's her mental health, her previous relationship trauma and her getting scared because it became "Too real".

I left the door open by saying if she ever needs to reach out, she can. But yes I am done. But if she missed me a lot, like she said she may, then she can contact me. But my guard will be firmly up.

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending