The Student Room Group

UCLAN pharmacy 2023 entry via GCSEs?

Hi everyone, I’ve applied through UCAS extra for UCLAN (MPharm) since 30th April and I am still waiting for their decision. However, my question is I’ve submitted my UCAS application before January deadline and already got rejected from them and the reason was “your highest qualification doesn’t meet the minimum academic entry requirements for the above course”. I am a mature student so I have GCSE English grade 4, GCSE Biology grade 4, GCSE chemistry grade 4, GCSE physics grade 5 and GCSE mathematics grade 5 ( They want 5 GCSEs at grade 4/C). So I don’t know how I don’t meet their entry requirements!! And as I said I applied again and still waiting their decision which is almost 4 weeks. I did called them and emailed them but they told me to wait. So how likely they’re going to accept me 🥹 I don’t want to wait for nothing. You know what I mean 😭. Any help would be appreciated.

Thanks 😊
Original post by Um Mishkah
Hi everyone, I’ve applied through UCAS extra for UCLAN (MPharm) since 30th April and I am still waiting for their decision. However, my question is I’ve submitted my UCAS application before January deadline and already got rejected from them and the reason was “your highest qualification doesn’t meet the minimum academic entry requirements for the above course”. I am a mature student so I have GCSE English grade 4, GCSE Biology grade 4, GCSE chemistry grade 4, GCSE physics grade 5 and GCSE mathematics grade 5 ( They want 5 GCSEs at grade 4/C). So I don’t know how I don’t meet their entry requirements!! And as I said I applied again and still waiting their decision which is almost 4 weeks. I did called them and emailed them but they told me to wait. So how likely they’re going to accept me 🥹 I don’t want to wait for nothing. You know what I mean 😭. Any help would be appreciated.

Thanks 😊

Hi there @Um Mishkah, :smile:

Please could you send a direct message to us via one of our social media channels and I will have a look into this for you. In your message please could you include your full name, applicant number, DOB and course name.

Best wishes, :smile:
Sarah
Thanks 😊

Did u get any offers ?
Reply 3
Original post by Aims2996
Did u get any offers ?

Hi, yes. I started access course last September and we're almost finish. I got offers from John Moores (firm) for MPharm and UCLAN (insurance) for pharmacology. What about you?
Hi, yes. I started access course last September and we're almost finish. I got offers from John Moores (firm) for MPharm and UCLAN (insurance) for pharmacology. What about you?

I’m currently sitting my a levels this year but I have no offers just trying to see how other people have gotten through into pharmacy as I don’t know if I have enough time to improve my grades rn , how did u get into this access course how was a levels for u?

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending