The Student Room Group
Dental Students, University of Central Lancashire
University of Central Lancashire
Preston
Visit website

UCLAN foundation year

So I've been put on a foundation year by uclan for Bachelor of Science with Honours in Medical Sciences (Foundation Year Entry). They said after this I can apply for med school and pharmacy etc. I wanted to ask since UCAS is 5 choices can I apply to 3 other places that's not UCLan? Also with foundation course will they look at my a levels and GCSEs or just my performance on the foundation year? And do I need to sit the ucat? What do I actually need to do to get an interview?
Original post by Anonymous
So I've been put on a foundation year by uclan for Bachelor of Science with Honours in Medical Sciences (Foundation Year Entry). They said after this I can apply for med school and pharmacy etc. I wanted to ask since UCAS is 5 choices can I apply to 3 other places that's not UCLan? Also with foundation course will they look at my a levels and GCSEs or just my performance on the foundation year? And do I need to sit the ucat? What do I actually need to do to get an interview?

Hi there,

Great to hear that you will be studying with us! :smile:

After you've completed your foundation year in Medical Sciences entry isn't guaranteed to our Medicine, Master of Physician Associate Studies or Pharmacy programmes and you will have to meet certain entry requirements which you can learn more about here under progression opportunities.

You can apply to other places that are not UCLan but (unlike a degree) the foundation year is not universally accepted by other universities. If you are interested in other courses in other universities, you would need to approach their admissions teams to find out what is accepted. Most will need UCAT but you will need to check individual universities criteria.

If you have any questions do let me know :smile:

All the best,
Sarah
(edited 8 months ago)
Dental Students, University of Central Lancashire
University of Central Lancashire
Preston
Visit website
Reply 2
Original post by UCLan Ambassador
Hi there,

Great to hear that you will be studying with us! :smile:

After you've completed your foundation year in Medical Sciences entry isn't guaranteed to our Medicine, Master of Physician Associate Studies or Pharmacy programmes and you will have to meet certain entry requirements which you can learn more about here under progression opportunities.

You can apply to other places that are not UCLan but (unlike a degree) the foundation year is not universally accepted by other universities. If you are interested in other courses in other universities, you would need to approach their admissions teams to find out what is accepted. Most will need UCAT but you will need to check individual universities criteria.

If you have any questions do let me know :smile:

All the best,
Sarah

So when I apply for medicine/pharmacy after the foundation years with my A levels of BED am I still applicable to apply with those A levels? And do I need to do the UCAT?
Hi there,

Let me check and get back to you on this. :smile:

Many thanks,
Sarah
Original post by Anonymous
So when I apply for medicine/pharmacy after the foundation years with my A levels of BED am I still applicable to apply with those A levels? And do I need to do the UCAT?

Hi there,

I would advise you reach out to our admissions team who will be able to provide further guidance on this. You can email the team at [email protected] or you can call them on +44 (0)1772 89 2444.

Wishing you all the best with your studies. :smile:
Sarah

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending