The Student Room Group

AS/A Level maths?

Whats the difference between AS and A level maths? i understand AS is the first year but do you learnt different things in those years, and is AS easier? also do people take AS level exams after 1 year or do they just wait 2 years and do final A lavel exams? im hella confused.
Reply 1
Original post by revo349
Whats the difference between AS and A level maths? i understand AS is the first year but do you learnt different things in those years, and is AS easier? also do people take AS level exams after 1 year or do they just wait 2 years and do final A lavel exams? im hella confused.

AS is first year Maths, and A level is second year. There must be schools that offer AS exams as there are papers for this in website of boards. But unsure which schools offer it.

A levels have additional topics and it gets harder as well. Some of it would depend on the board too.

From what I know, university admissions for bachelor level course, one would need to pass A levels. There could be courses where AS levels may be accepted. If this is what you want to know, check the UCAS website.

Quick Reply

Latest