The Student Room Group
Chemistry Research, Durham University
Durham University
Durham
Visit website

Durham student accom 39 weeks

Does anyone know any accommodation with contracts just for the academic year? Most of what I've looked at is 12 months and hardly anywhere offer shorter term contracts. It would be a massive waste of money for 52 weeks as I wouldnt need to stay over the summer.

I didn't know the housing situation is this bad still
Original post by Carrotsroom
Does anyone know any accommodation with contracts just for the academic year? Most of what I've looked at is 12 months and hardly anywhere offer shorter term contracts. It would be a massive waste of money for 52 weeks as I wouldnt need to stay over the summer.

I didn't know the housing situation is this bad still

Hi there

As far as private housing is concerned, a vast majority of their leases run for the whole 52 weeks (July to June). This doesn't have to do with the housing situation, I believe this has been standard across all student accommodation contracts for a while now. You might be able to find accommodation which runs from September-June but that's pretty rare and usually only available in locations that are a bit distant from the main campus sites- like Langley Moor, Chester le Street, Ushaw Moor etc.

However, I would recommend getting in touch with your college and the SU about this as they may be able to help you find some places. There's more information on the Student Housing Hub: https://www.durham.ac.uk/colleges-and-student-experience/housing-hub/#d.en.1327853

-Himieka
Chemistry Research, Durham University
Durham University
Durham
Visit website

Quick Reply

Latest