The Student Room Group

Student Finance Cancelling

Hey. I have applied for a maintenance loan, and also for scholarships and bursaries at my university. Some of the scholarships are huge (we're talking a fabulous £20k a year). The bursaries are also great. If I do receive these, I'll know by late August apparently. However if I do receive this generous funding, I won't need to use my student finance loans anymore.
Is it possible to cancel my student finance application in late August before starting at the uni in Sept if this did happen? Would they ask for a reason also, since I would still be attending uni that sound year but cancelling student finance?
Original post by uniapplicant22
Hey. I have applied for a maintenance loan, and also for scholarships and bursaries at my university. Some of the scholarships are huge (we're talking a fabulous £20k a year). The bursaries are also great. If I do receive these, I'll know by late August apparently. However if I do receive this generous funding, I won't need to use my student finance loans anymore.
Is it possible to cancel my student finance application in late August before starting at the uni in Sept if this did happen? Would they ask for a reason also, since I would still be attending uni that sound year but cancelling student finance?

Hi there,

You can cancel your application up until the course starts. As long as no payments have been released to you. Otherwise, we'd need the university to update us. Thanks, Jason

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending