The Student Room Group
QUBStudent1
I was wondering is there any way that you can find out who is calling you when it says private number calling, any sort of software which you can put onto a phone which would reveal this or any other method of finding out?

Iv'e not actually heard of this and as far as I KNOW THERE ISN'T any software available for such a thing. You could try 1471 to find out who's called you, but if it says "caller witheld their number" then it's pretty likely they are ex-directory, which means they don't want their number in the phone book.
Reply 2
Innocentvictim
You could try 1471 to find out who's called you, but if it says "caller witheld their number" then it's pretty likely they are ex-directory, which means they don't want their number in the phone book.

... or they dialled 141...
Reply 3
Yeah, I've got the software. PM your mobile number and I'll send you the software through mobile email. :rolleyes:
Essentially, no. When the caller withholds their Calling Line Identification, CLI information is simply not sent to the called party, rather than sent but with a flag saying "but don't tell them!". The service provider has records, so they can check, but they won't tell you. If you're being harrassed by a caller who is withholding their number, you can dial a number (I forget what) immediately after the call to have the service provider log the last call - with its number - as a hoax or malicious call, and will investigate and pass over to the police any serious cases.
Reply 5
you'd have to ring BT or your mobile company. doubt they'd tell you unless you were being harassed
Reply 6
They still wont tell you.. they'd look it up themselves.. or they say they will.

MdSalih

Latest

Trending

Trending