The Student Room Group

Migrant Worker Maintenance Loan Evidence

Hello, I’m writing this as I have been waiting since April to have my loan reinstated. I get my maintenance loan based on the fact that my mother is a migrant worker and received my first two payments with no problems. My third instalment, due in April, was cancelled until I provided evidence to prove that my mother switched from being employed to being self employed. I have been providing evidence and waiting for reviews for over 2 months now and I’m worried that my loan won’t be reinstated and I’ll have to continue to struggle with my expenses as the cancellation of my loan has made me use up my overdraft and I’m really struggling. I have provided all evidence however there is a 5 day gap in my mothers employment and I don’t know what to think. If I provided all evidence that was asked for is there any reason for my loan to not be reinstated?
Original post by Kvkvap
Hello, I’m writing this as I have been waiting since April to have my loan reinstated. I get my maintenance loan based on the fact that my mother is a migrant worker and received my first two payments with no problems. My third instalment, due in April, was cancelled until I provided evidence to prove that my mother switched from being employed to being self employed. I have been providing evidence and waiting for reviews for over 2 months now and I’m worried that my loan won’t be reinstated and I’ll have to continue to struggle with my expenses as the cancellation of my loan has made me use up my overdraft and I’m really struggling. I have provided all evidence however there is a 5 day gap in my mothers employment and I don’t know what to think. If I provided all evidence that was asked for is there any reason for my loan to not be reinstated?

Hi there,

If you can contact us via the live chat in your account or on 0300 100 0607 we can look into this for you and assist you further.

Thanks, Jason
Reply 2
Original post by SFE Jason
Hi there,

If you can contact us via the live chat in your account or on 0300 100 0607 we can look into this for you and assist you further.

Thanks, Jason

Hiya, I have already spoke to multiple advisors over the phone but I get told something different each time. All I want to know is wether there would be a possibility my loan is not reisnstated even though I’ve sent everything accordingly ?
Original post by Kvkvap
Hiya, I have already spoke to multiple advisors over the phone but I get told something different each time. All I want to know is wether there would be a possibility my loan is not reisnstated even though I’ve sent everything accordingly ?

We're unable to see accounts on this forum so I would advise going with the last information you were given. If you've sent all that's been requested then it will go to be updated once processed. Thanks, Jason
Reply 4
(Original post by SFE Jason)We're unable to see accounts on this forum so I would advise going with the last information you were given. If you've sent all that's been requested then it will go to be updated once processed. Thanks, Jason

yes but is there any reason to not reinstate the loan if everything that was needed was sent ? Like for example, is a 6 day gap between employment w reason to not reinstate it ?
Original post by Kvkvap
(Original post by SFE Jason)We're unable to see accounts on this forum so I would advise going with the last information you were given. If you've sent all that's been requested then it will go to be updated once processed. Thanks, Jason

yes but is there any reason to not reinstate the loan if everything that was needed was sent ? Like for example, is a 6 day gap between employment w reason to not reinstate it ?

No. If the gap is that short then this shouldn't affect your loan as long as you were working on the first day of the term. Thanks, Jason

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending