The Student Room Group

Transferring into second year at another university

Hi,
I am really stressed because I want to transfer university as I don't like studying there anymore and rent is too expensive. The deadline before clearing is 30th June and I have not submitted my UCAS application yet. I haven't told my academic tutor yet as I am currently on placement (in a school) and so it is not possible for me to have a meeting with them until my placement has finished (next week -on 15th June). Do you think I should email them anyway and what do I write because I don't want to drop like a massive decision in an email as I think it will come across as rushing into a decision too quickly (but I have thought it out). But I need a reference from my academic tutor and they need to complete it before 30th June. Any help would be appreciated thank you.
Reply 1
It will sound like you have not really thought it thru even if you have an in-person meeting with your tutor. Have you not flagged your concerns to him/her before? Regardless, they are obligated to give you a reference - assuming your attendance and behaviour has been acceptable. Write to your tutor asap, don't wait for an in-person meeting.
Email and follow it up with a follow phone call if you can
Reply 3
Original post by mike23mike
It will sound like you have not really thought it thru even if you have an in-person meeting with your tutor. Have you not flagged your concerns to him/her before? Regardless, they are obligated to give you a reference - assuming your attendance and behaviour has been acceptable. Write to your tutor asap, don't wait for an in-person meeting.

Hi, sorry for the late reply, but I emailed my academic tutor who is happy to give me a reference. Also we will be having an in-person meeting as well to discuss it further. Thank you for your advice!
Reply 4
Original post by PQ
Email and follow it up with a follow phone call if you can

Thank you for the advice.

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending