The Student Room Group

Dwp pre employment checks

Scroll to see replies

Original post by maha_sidd
My ID valid is still left. Ill have to do it person im waiting for the managers call.

Once you have submitted your onboarding form and they have received everything, they will email you to inform you that they have started your pre-employment checks and will send everything at once like emails to referees DBS etc.

Honestly, this entire process is so long and stressful. I lost Hope completely and im still not sure when they will call me for start date. I applied to this position in august and i cant believe we’re already in the new years. Very frustrated but i really hope and pray this workplace is worth the wait and efforts.

Hope this helps!

Hi what campaign did you apply for? I applied for Cumbria and Lancashire and I’m on week 3 of pre employment checks
Original post by extended-pink
Hi what campaign did you apply for? I applied for Cumbria and Lancashire and I’m on week 3 of pre employment checks

I applied for the Greater Manchester campaign.
Reply 22

I applied for derby and Staffordshire
Yeah I got a provisional offer on 11/12 and my DBS and references were done on 22/12 so nearly 2 weeks ago now. Dont know what they’re waiting for 😩
Reply 24
Yeah I got a provisional offer on 11/12 and my DBS and references were done on 22/12 so nearly 2 weeks ago now. Dont know what they’re waiting for 😩

You can call SSL, they’ll tell you whats left!
You can call SSL, they’ll tell you whats left!

I try the chat every few days and I’ve emailed them but they just say checks are in progress and to wait for a completion email.

I might call them and see if they can tell me anything new though
Reply 26
I try the chat every few days and I’ve emailed them but they just say checks are in progress and to wait for a completion email.

I might call them and see if they can tell me anything new though

live chat is not that helpful and they never respond to emails. I've called them multiple times to get an update when i was going through checks and they told me exactly whats left and what they have received. So its 100% recommended. I hope you hear something soon. Good luck! 🤞
live chat is not that helpful and they never respond to emails. I've called them multiple times to get an update when i was going through checks and they told me exactly whats left and what they have received. So its 100% recommended. I hope you hear something soon. Good luck! 🤞

Thank you I’ll try that!
Reply 28
Original post by Shadowsbetween
I got my provisional offer on 29/11. I know they've got my references, dbs and the fit for work people have passed me so just waiting now. I know we've had Christmas so I'm assuming that's caused delay together with dates for training batches. I keep getting the same weekly message saying checks are ongoing . I'm assuming if there was an issue they would have come back to me? It's just very frustrating especially as I've received a provisional offer for another job!!

Hi 🙂

I keep getting this weekly message too, and got my provisional offer 29/11 🙂 what area are you going to be working in? What is the the fit to work check, I’ve not had anything about that ? X
Original post by Justnosey
Hi 🙂

I keep getting this weekly message too, and got my provisional offer 29/11 🙂 what area are you going to be working in? What is the the fit to work check, I’ve not had anything about that ? X

I'm going to be Greater Manchester. The fit for work is the health questionnaire I received at the beginning of the PEC. They then called me a couple of weeks to ask for further clarification on some of my answers. It's a very relaxed phone call. They passed me as fit for work at the end of the call.
Reply 30

Does anyone know how long they take to give a start date after completion of all checks?? Its been a month im still waiting
Reply 31
Does anyone know how long they take to give a start date after completion of all checks?? Its been a month im still waiting

Hiya, I'm in the same position. Checks were completed 15/12, they emailed to confirm this on 18/12, so I'm now on week 5 and a half of waiting for my start date
Reply 32
Original post by emzxmusic
Hiya, I'm in the same position. Checks were completed 15/12, they emailed to confirm this on 18/12, so I'm now on week 5 and a half of waiting for my start date

😭😭😭 oh my god. I really need this job theyre taking so long
how long did your employment checks take?
Reply 34
Original post by verifiedgrace
how long did your employment checks take?

1 month. Started on 12th November and completed by 12 December.
1 month. Started on 12th November and completed by 12 December.

Thank you!
Reply 36
I'm going to be Greater Manchester. The fit for work is the health questionnaire I received at the beginning of the PEC. They then called me a couple of weeks to ask for further clarification on some of my answers. It's a very relaxed phone call. They passed me as fit for work at the end of the call.

Is it the disability health services job? Do you habe a start date now? Xxx I do for Millennium House 🙂
Reply 37
I got my provisional offer on 29/11. I know they've got my references, dbs and the fit for work people have passed me so just waiting now. I know we've had Christmas so I'm assuming that's caused delay together with dates for training batches. I keep getting the same weekly message saying checks are ongoing . I'm assuming if there was an issue they would have come back to me? It's just very frustrating especially as I've received a provisional offer for another job!!

What was the health check/fit for work
Process?
Original post by nat52341
What was the health check/fit for work
Process?

They rang and went through some of the things on the form where I'd put if I had any physical or mental health issues. They asked if I was still on medication for mental health issues in the past, and if I needed anything to ensure I could work comfortably. I said I needed an ergonomic keyboard as I have RSI in my hands. The questions were penetrative but not invasive. It took about 30 minutes. At the end of it they said they would pass me for work in their report.
Original post by Justnosey
Is it the disability health services job? Do you habe a start date now? Xxx I do for Millennium House 🙂

I'm not sure to be honest. They called last week just to query some past employment details from 4 years ago! Said I'd get another call once that had gone to a decision maker. Said they had no idea how long it would take, so thar was helpful. NOT. So I'm just waiting at the moment. They also didn't appear to be aware of the health assessment I'd had in December!

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending