The Student Room Group

Dwp pre employment checks

Scroll to see replies

Reply 40
Original post by Shadowsbetween
They rang and went through some of the things on the form where I'd put if I had any physical or mental health issues. They asked if I was still on medication for mental health issues in the past, and if I needed anything to ensure I could work comfortably. I said I needed an ergonomic keyboard as I have RSI in my hands. The questions were penetrative but not invasive. It took about 30 minutes. At the end of it they said they would pass me for work in their report.

Thank you 🙂 have you heard back since?
Original post by nat52341
Thank you 🙂 have you heard back since?

I just got an email yesterday evening saying all pre-employment checks completed, so just waiting for date and official offer and rest of it now
Reply 42
What was the health check/fit for work
Process?

Have you had a start date now? X
Original post by Justnosey
Have you had a start date now? X

I do. It's 11 March, however as I haven't had the formal letter yet and I have to give a month's notice, it will probably be later than that now.
I do. It's 11 March, however as I haven't had the formal letter yet and I have to give a month's notice, it will probably be later than that now.

I’m currently on pre-employment check stage and I’vebeen called in for physical ID check. Please, how longdoes it take to receive the formal offer letter and start date after been called in for physical ID check.
Reply 45
Original post by Sarah_blinx
I’m currently on pre-employment check stage and I’vebeen called in for physical ID check. Please, how longdoes it take to receive the formal offer letter and start date after been called in for physical ID check.

Where is the job you’ve applied for?
Where is the job you’ve applied for?

Peterborough
Reply 47
Peterborough

Mines Wrexham, it’s such a long process
Mines Wrexham, it’s such a long process

I’m just waiting for the formal offer and start date now. What stage are you on?

I got my offer and start date, and have to do physical Id check on my first day with them. Think it might be different for different jobcentres
I got my offer and start date, and have to do physical Id check on my first day with them. Think it might be different for different jobcentres

Wow..that’s great…congratulations

How long did the whole process take?
Reply 52
I’m just waiting for the formal offer and start date now. What stage are you on?

Still employment checks, I’ve received my DBS, I did the face recognition ID online so I’m thinking they won’t need a physical ID?
How long did the whole process take?

From provisional offer to formal offer - 10 weeks!

Wow…mine is up to 6weeks now
Still employment checks, I’ve received my DBS, I did the face recognition ID online so I’m thinking they won’t need a physical ID?

They will need it
Reply 56
They will need it

I will keep an eye out for it, thank you

10 weeks of anxiety starts for me now. Omg
I will keep an eye out for it, thank you

Hi Nat, I’m in the same boat as you. I applied for Wrexham as a UC case review officer. Ive had my DBS checks back weeks ago, my personal reference was done back in January and the rest of my employment checks were completed last week. I’ve also already done my ID. I asked what they were waiting for today via the micro chat and he said they were just waiting for the internal fried and verification to look at it all then I should have an answer. Having previously worked for them as a work coach and the service centre (I left to teach but after Covid and the last years following it 🤮) I just want to go back to a 8-5, flexitime with hybrid working. I have never in all three positions I held in DWP has things take this long though. I can only assume that they have a start day for new training groups in mind and are working g in each campaign on these basis’. Hopefully it will be some time in April fingers crossed we hear back with confirmation soon x
Reply 59
Original post by Hailstorm7485
Hi Nat, I’m in the same boat as you. I applied for Wrexham as a UC case review officer. Ive had my DBS checks back weeks ago, my personal reference was done back in January and the rest of my employment checks were completed last week. I’ve also already done my ID. I asked what they were waiting for today via the micro chat and he said they were just waiting for the internal fried and verification to look at it all then I should have an answer. Having previously worked for them as a work coach and the service centre (I left to teach but after Covid and the last years following it 🤮) I just want to go back to a 8-5, flexitime with hybrid working. I have never in all three positions I held in DWP has things take this long though. I can only assume that they have a start day for new training groups in mind and are working g in each campaign on these basis’. Hopefully it will be some time in April fingers crossed we hear back with confirmation soon x

Thanks Hailstorm, same boat I know all checks have been done other than face to Face ID, I contacted them last week and they said employment checks were still continuing.
I know they have one training intake in 4th March, so we’ve missed that one.
I worked there years ago and that was a lengthy process all be it face to face, but this does seem to be taking forever.
How long is the training for the EO?
My worry is they go through all this then pop some of us on the reserve list.
I don’t blame you for leaving teaching, thank god for hybrid.

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending