The Student Room Group

Dwp pre employment checks

Scroll to see replies

Original post by Hailstorm7485
Hi Nat, I’m in the same boat as you. I applied for Wrexham as a UC case review officer. Ive had my DBS checks back weeks ago, my personal reference was done back in January and the rest of my employment checks were completed last week. I’ve also already done my ID. I asked what they were waiting for today via the micro chat and he said they were just waiting for the internal fried and verification to look at it all then I should have an answer. Having previously worked for them as a work coach and the service centre (I left to teach but after Covid and the last years following it 🤮) I just want to go back to a 8-5, flexitime with hybrid working. I have never in all three positions I held in DWP has things take this long though. I can only assume that they have a start day for new training groups in mind and are working g in each campaign on these basis’. Hopefully it will be some time in April fingers crossed we hear back with confirmation soon x

Is hybrid work only for your location or applies to all dwp offices..
Reply 61
Original post by Sarah_blinx
Is hybrid work only for your location or applies to all dwp offices..

It tends to be on certain jobs, so a work coach role isn’t normally hybrid as it’s face to face but something like a UC review officer is hybrid as it’s mainly desk based work with little to no face to face interaction with users. The Wrexham site isn’t a huge building either so hybrid makes a lot of sense. I’m not sure if hybrid applies to all EO case review roles but I know a lot of sites use hybrid working.
Original post by nat52341
It tends to be on certain jobs, so a work coach role isn’t normally hybrid as it’s face to face but something like a UC review officer is hybrid as it’s mainly desk based work with little to no face to face interaction with users. The Wrexham site isn’t a huge building either so hybrid makes a lot of sense. I’m not sure if hybrid applies to all EO case review roles but I know a lot of sites use hybrid working.

Oh ..makes sense
Original post by maha_sidd
live chat is not that helpful and they never respond to emails. I've called them multiple times to get an update when i was going through checks and they told me exactly whats left and what they have received. So its 100% recommended. I hope you hear something soon. Good luck! 🤞
Hey do you have the number for this
It depends on what role you are waiting to hear from. Shared services have different departments answering queries for the different roles recruiting. For the UC case review the number is 0345 241 5365 (option 1), for work coaches 0345 241 5365 (option 2). Hope this helps. 😊
Reply 65
I think things are speeding up. I had interview on 10/2 and provisional offer yesterday. Waiting on PEC now.
(edited 2 months ago)
Reply 66
Original post by Ugg331
I think things are speeding up. I had interview on 10/2 and provisional offer yesterday. Waiting on PEC now.
That is fast! I’m 4 weeks into my PECs and I know they have all the replies, looking on here they average about 6-10 weeks.
That is fast! I’m 4 weeks into my PECs and I know they have all the replies, looking on here they average about 6-10 weeks.
Why does PEC take so long to be completed I don't understand. I am on my first week of PEC. That means a long way to go. Wow!
Reply 68
Does UCR and Work Coach have the same basic training? Im sure i saw you mention theirs an intake in March?
Reply 69
Original post by Ugg331
Does UCR and Work Coach have the same basic training? Im sure i saw you mention theirs an intake in March?
Intake 4th Match but I’d guess I’ll miss that one, I’d there would be some differences in training per role, but it’ll all be the same system so maybe the basic training is combining both roles?
Reply 70
Original post by Over_my_head
Why does PEC take so long to be completed I don't understand. I am on my first week of PEC. That means a long way to go. Wow!
I think each area has different processing speeds but it’s never speedy
Reply 71
Intake 4th Match but I’d guess I’ll miss that one, I’d there would be some differences in training per role, but it’ll all be the same system so maybe the basic training is combining both roles?
Did you use to work as a work coach and know people there already?
Reply 72
Original post by Ugg331
Did you use to work as a work coach and know people there already?
I worked for them when I left school but did Pensions not UC.
Reply 73
4 weeks into my checks for Decision Maker, I hope I hear back soon!

Eager to get started really, is it worth phoning to find out where my checks are up to?
Original post by ItsMeGB

Eager to get started really, is it worth phoning to find out where my checks are up to?
Wow! You almost there. No, there is no point phoning them as I got an email today letting me know once all check done they will email as I wanted to know about the progress. I am on my 2nd week. Unfortunately long way to go. Hope everything comes back positive and quick.
Original post by ItsMeGB

I called this morning and they advised that although information had been gathered they are waiting to be looked at. She told me the PEac can take up to 20 weeks and that they cannot give us an exact date. It just feels like it’s going on forever. I have worked in DWP most of my life, I only left the last 8 years to teach, never in all my time as an AA, AO or as and EO work coach have things taken this long before. I’m hoping it’s just due to the huge recruitment drive and that it now being mainly sourced out. Previously recruitment has been handled by the office recruiting. I have to say it went more smoothly back then- although I appreciate the volume and scale they are not handling at CSSS is probably extraordinary! Feel like I can’t really plan my life due to not knowing what’s what! 🫣😬
Original post by Hailstorm7485
I called this morning and they advised that although information had been gathered they are waiting to be looked at. She told me the PEac can take up to 20 weeks and that they cannot give us an exact date. It just feels like it’s going on forever. I have worked in DWP most of my life, I only left the last 8 years to teach, never in all my time as an AA, AO or as and EO work coach have things taken this long before. I’m hoping it’s just due to the huge recruitment drive and that it now being mainly sourced out. Previously recruitment has been handled by the office recruiting. I have to say it went more smoothly back then- although I appreciate the volume and scale they are not handling at CSSS is probably extraordinary! Feel like I can’t really plan my life due to not knowing what’s what! 🫣😬
Excuse the typos. I’m half concentrating and typing and half actually feeding a child!
Reply 77
No problem about the typos at all!

Guess it's just a waiting game now. Just really want a start date at this point.
Reply 78
Do we need to forward dbs certificate to anyone or do they see it automatically once issued?
Reply 79
Original post by Ugg331
Do we need to forward dbs certificate to anyone or do they see it automatically once issued?
I received an email about 3 or 4 weeks after I received my dbs certificate, to forward it on to the recruitment team (they gave email address). If in doubt call sscl and ask them whether they need you to send it on.

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending