The Student Room Group

Dwp pre employment checks

Scroll to see replies

Hi guys did you have to forward your dbs certificate to the sscl recruitment team?
Reply 81
Original post by ItsMeGB
4 weeks into my checks for Decision Maker, I hope I hear back soon!

Eager to get started really, is it worth phoning to find out where my checks are up to?
I'm 5 weeks into waiting for Decision Maker role! If you don't mind me asking where have you applied? From reading the comments it could be a delay due to waiting for training batch - I wonder if this is the case for decision makers?
Reply 82
Original post by IS1993
I'm 5 weeks into waiting for Decision Maker role! If you don't mind me asking where have you applied? From reading the comments it could be a delay due to waiting for training batch - I wonder if this is the case for decision makers?
Hi, I'm currently week 6 waiting for pre employment checks for DM in south Wales. I called the recruitment team and was told checks can take anything between 12 and 20 weeks. Hoping it's not as long. What area are you waiting for?
Reply 83
Original post by Nd88
Hi, I'm currently week 6 waiting for pre employment checks for DM in south Wales. I called the recruitment team and was told checks can take anything between 12 and 20 weeks. Hoping it's not as long. What area are you waiting for?
I was told exactly the same on Monday
Reply 84
Original post by Nd88
Hey, thank you for your response. God that’s such a long time😫 I called the recruitment yesterday and they just said checks are still in progress, the wait is driving me mad. I’m in the Manchester area. Hope you get some news soon!
Reply 85
Original post by IS1993
Hey, thank you for your response. God that’s such a long time😫 I called the recruitment yesterday and they just said checks are still in progress, the wait is driving me mad. I’m in the Manchester area. Hope you get some news soon!
I do hope so. I turned down a Work coach role as DM seemed the better choice, but things were moving alot quicker for the WC role. Hope you do soon also. I interviewed the end of November for this role 😅
Reply 86
Original post by IS1993
Merseyside :smile: week 5 now and no update except "checks are still ongoing" which is fun, so now another weeks wait for an update it seems!
Original post by maha_sidd
I applied for derby and Staffordshire
Have you had your start date yet? How long did it take after the successful employment check? Thanks
Original post by Nd88

Hi there
Are you still waiting?
Reply 89
Original post by Laura82*
Hi there
Are you still waiting?

I had a phone call this evening to start the 22nd April on a conditional offer as PECs still not done. 8 and a half weeks so far
Original post by Nd88
I had a phone call this evening to start the 22nd April on a conditional offer as PECs still not done. 8 and a half weeks so far

That’s great! Congrats! I’m on week 6 - Ive emailed them & they won’t even tell me what is left to complete my pecs. The wait is frustrating as you know!
Reply 91
That’s great! Congrats! I’m on week 6 - Ive emailed them & they won’t even tell me what is left to complete my pecs. The wait is frustrating as you know!

It is so frustrating. I had to go into the office after 2 weeks to show all of my ID, then received an email last week asking for proof of address even though I'd already given it. My portal has finally changed to
"We are currently updating your application. You will soon be contacted with your formal offer."

What area are you waiting for? Hopefully not much longer for you.
Original post by Nd88

I start the same day!
Original post by Nd88
It is so frustrating. I had to go into the office after 2 weeks to show all of my ID, then received an email last week asking for proof of address even though I'd already given it. My portal has finally changed to
"We are currently updating your application. You will soon be contacted with your formal offer."
What area are you waiting for? Hopefully not much longer for you.

Oh the proof of address on the portal was a farce for me also. I did in person checks 3weeks ago & the contact there said it’s usually the final step but couldn’t be certain of time scale. I’m Plymouth.
Reply 94
Original post by nat52341
I start the same day!

Congrats to you and good luck 🍀 where will you be based?
Reply 95
Oh the proof of address on the portal was a farce for me also. I did in person checks 3weeks ago & the contact there said it’s usually the final step but couldn’t be certain of time scale. I’m Plymouth.

I'd forgotten I'd submitted it in the portal also, so they actually received it twice 🙄 hopefully it isn't much longer for you. I received my email last Wednesday just before the 8 week mark asking if I'd consider the conditional offer.
Original post by Nd88
I'd forgotten I'd submitted it in the portal also, so they actually received it twice 🙄 hopefully it isn't much longer for you. I received my email last Wednesday just before the 8 week mark asking if I'd consider the conditional offer.

I think conditional offers are a positive thing - can’t believe you’re on week 8 of pecs. I have altered my expectations reading here 😂
Today is end of week 4 for me, EO/Work Coach in Southampton. (week 4 since all ID docs done, and 2 weeks since DBS came back)
Original post by Mrs Potter
Today is end of week 4 for me, EO/Work Coach in Southampton. (week 4 since all ID docs done, and 2 weeks since DBS came back)

Does DBS arrive at your home address? I haven’t had this yet?
Original post by Nd88
Congrats to you and good luck 🍀 where will you be based?

Wrexham, you?

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending