The Student Room Group

What to do??

Hey all so I had a telephone interview for a typing volunteering job with mission assist today but they asked me whether I'd do a database management job instead. They use Sharepoint, php programming and Microsoft Azure which m not familiar with. They also said that there aren't any job opportunities which is what I was hoping for cos iv been tryna get a job for a while now but no one wants to hire me. So that's y I thought I'd try volunteering and get a job out of it. I told them that I'd do it now but m worried that I won't be able to cos m not familiar with these programs. But I do want to get an I.T job so that y I took it. I told my parents and there not happy about it cos it's unpaid and they want me to get a paid job but it not easy.
(edited 10 months ago)
Reply 1
A lot of IT jobs aren't that hard tbh. At least You know what software and programs you'll be using so it's just a matter of doing a bit of research on Google and YouTube before you start. If my experience is anything to go by, you probably won't have access to much within the first week, so you can take the time to shadow someone and get some training done. But don't pass up this opportunity if you're struggling to find work. Explain to your parents that It's something you can add to your CV And use as a stepping stone to a paid position.

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending