The Student Room Group

Predicted Grades Disappointment

Our school just released predicted grades for us and I was hoping to pull through but I ended up with:

Chemsitry: D
Economics: C
(Economics lets you do a test at the beginning of Y13 to move you up a grade but if you do badly in it you move down a grade)
Sociology: C
EPQ: (we've just started so I have no idea how this will go)

I want to study Criminology/ Criminal Justice/ Law in the future. We've been told it is very difficult to change the predicted grades.

Does anyone have any advice on what I can do next? Any Universities that people recommend?
Original post by MirrorEclipse
Our school just released predicted grades for us and I was hoping to pull through but I ended up with:

Chemsitry: D
Economics: C
(Economics lets you do a test at the beginning of Y13 to move you up a grade but if you do badly in it you move down a grade)
Sociology: C
EPQ: (we've just started so I have no idea how this will go)

I want to study Criminology/ Criminal Justice/ Law in the future. We've been told it is very difficult to change the predicted grades.

Does anyone have any advice on what I can do next? Any Universities that people recommend?

Hi there
Just wanted to say at Manchester Met an EPQ is so helpful! if you make it relevant to your course it adds amazingly to your profile as a student and shows a real passion for the subject. This puts you above other student by miles!
What universities have you got in mind
Best wishes
Emily <3
Reply 2
Original post by Manchester Met - Student Rep
Hi there
Just wanted to say at Manchester Met an EPQ is so helpful! if you make it relevant to your course it adds amazingly to your profile as a student and shows a real passion for the subject. This puts you above other student by miles!
What universities have you got in mind
Best wishes
Emily <3

Hi, thank you so much for your input :smile:
Would it still be ok to apply with the above grades? I have meetings scheduled with my teachers tomorrow to see if anything can be done about it but the chances of my predicted grades improving are very low at my school.
For other universities, I considered looking into Leeds, Bedfordshire and Buckinghamshire.
Original post by MirrorEclipse
Hi, thank you so much for your input :smile:
Would it still be ok to apply with the above grades? I have meetings scheduled with my teachers tomorrow to see if anything can be done about it but the chances of my predicted grades improving are very low at my school.
For other universities, I considered looking into Leeds, Bedfordshire and Buckinghamshire.

Hi there
fab idea to chat with your teachers and talk to them about the situation! I’d love to know if they change them. For me I did better in my actual grades so just re applied with my better grades after in clearing / deferred and took a year out. I think it would be worth emailing your universities and seeing what they say? You can contact them on student room , it could be a shout?
Best wishes
Emily <3
With low predicted grades, I would plough ahead anyway and apply to courses. Hopefully, you can get offers where you want to go.

However, if you end up doing better than the predicted grades, you could 'trade up' in Clearing after results day, if those courses you want have spaces
(edited 9 months ago)

Quick Reply

Latest