The Student Room Group

Student Finance Problem

Hi, just a question on how student finance works.

My mam has been a single parent for years now, i started university last year when she lived alone with me and my sibling but now she has moved into a brand new house with her long term partner of 5 years who has a good job and is hey have a mortgage together.

When i first applied, I got full loan as our household income was under 25,000 a year as my mam lived alone with me and my sibling. Her partner who we now live with has a good job meaning this year the household income would be higher than 25,000. They moved in together around Jan/Feb. Can someone tell me if student finance applications for the current year go off the previous year?? Will i now get less as he has moved in??? Or could I just put my mam down again and not mention him?

I however do swap between my mam and dads house a lot, my dad lives alone and earns under 25,000 therefore could I re-apply and declare I live with him now instead? This would still give me the full loan as I don’t think I could survive without it and i’m really worried about what to do. Before I submit my application I want the best advice on what everyone else would do and how the household income estimate works. Thankyou so much.
(edited 9 months ago)

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending