The Student Room Group

Official Geography applicants thread 2024

Scroll to see replies

Original post by stress17
I applied to Oxford, LSE, UCL, Exeter and Birmingham at the end of September all for BA courses. I've got two offers so far: Birmingham (AAB) and Exeter (AAA), and have just received an interview invitation from Brasenose College Oxford which I am absolutely over the moon about! What about you?

I applied for Cambridge, Exeter, Cardiff, Southampton, and Swansea. I got 4 offers from my choices and I got interview with Selwyn College at Cambridge which is amazing but stressful this week. keeping my fingers crossed for everyone else and good luck.
I applied to Oxford, LSE, UCL, Exeter and Birmingham at the end of September all for BA courses. I've got two offers so far: Birmingham (AAB) and Exeter (AAA), and have just received an interview invitation from Brasenose College Oxford which I am absolutely over the moon about! What about you?

Congrats on your offers for Birmingham and Exeter! Good luck for your oxford interview.
-Jasmine (Lancaster Student Ambassador)

omggg Congratulations!!! Hope the interview went well! I applied for LSE UCL KCL Leeds and Queen Mary’s; currently have offers from kcl and Queen Mary’s 35 points (IB) and 32 points
Original post by lulubear222
Has anyone that’s submitted their application received any offers yet?

Hi, I applied the 14th October for BA Geography and I’m predicted A*AA I’ve applied to: Durham, Edinburgh, Leeds, Exeter and Southampton. I’ve had 2 offers, one from Exeter AAA and Southampton ABB. But still waiting on the others. Hope this helps!
Reply 24
Hi guys! I thought it would be useful to have a forum for this year's Geography applicants to discuss applications as the UCAS deadline approaches, so feel free to put your:
- A-Level/equivalent subjects and predicted grades
- GCSE grades
- whether you want to do a Bsc or BA
- where you are applying
- what you are doing to prepare for applications
- anything extra like questions!

Hi!
I'm predicted AAB at A level, I have an A in EPQ and I got 777788899 at GCSE.
I've applied to Plymouth, Loughborough, Bristol and Exeter for Geography Bsc and then I've applied to Cardiff for their physical geography course.
I've got offers from Plymouth and Cardiff but I'm still waiting on the others. I got an email from Bristol saying they've decided to put my application on hold - has anyone else had this and does anyone know if that means I'm less likely to be accepted?
Also does anyone know how quickly Loughborough tend to give offers out?
Reply 25
Has anyone that’s submitted their application received any offers yet?

Hi, i got offers from all 5 of mine in november! Exeter, Sheffield, York, Southampton and Leicester. Im so unsure which to pick as firm. My favs are exeter and Sheffield! if anyone has any advice please let me know!!
Reply 26
Original post by verity23
Hi!
I'm predicted AAB at A level, I have an A in EPQ and I got 777788899 at GCSE.
I've applied to Plymouth, Loughborough, Bristol and Exeter for Geography Bsc and then I've applied to Cardiff for their physical geography course.
I've got offers from Plymouth and Cardiff but I'm still waiting on the others. I got an email from Bristol saying they've decided to put my application on hold - has anyone else had this and does anyone know if that means I'm less likely to be accepted?
Also does anyone know how quickly Loughborough tend to give offers out?

Hello, I'm predicted AAB at A level (biology, geography chemistry) also. I applied to Nottingham, Manchester, Bristol and queen Mary's London for Bsc and Cardiff for physical in October. I've had offers from all the others, but also have been put on hold by Bristol (my first choice), from what I've heard and read about it it's very normal and happens to lots of people, and happens for the university as a whole and not just geography applicant. I hope this helps :smile:
omggg Congratulations!!! Hope the interview went well! I applied for LSE UCL KCL Leeds and Queen Mary’s; currently have offers from kcl and Queen Mary’s 35 points (IB) and 32 points

Omgggg you’ve literally applied to all of the same unis as me that’s crazy!!! I’ve got the same offers as you too! Congrats 🙂
Reply 28
Original post by gee_whizz
Hello, I'm predicted AAB at A level (biology, geography chemistry) also. I applied to Nottingham, Manchester, Bristol and queen Mary's London for Bsc and Cardiff for physical in October. I've had offers from all the others, but also have been put on hold by Bristol (my first choice), from what I've heard and read about it it's very normal and happens to lots of people, and happens for the university as a whole and not just geography applicant. I hope this helps :smile:

Ah that’s great thank you! Congratulations on all your offers! I’ve now had offers from Loughborough and Exeter but still waiting on Bristol 😂
Original post by verity23
Ah that’s great thank you! Congratulations on all your offers! I’ve now had offers from Loughborough and Exeter but still waiting on Bristol 😂

Hi @verity23,

I just wanted to say congratulations on receiving your offer from Loughborough University. If you have any questions about studying at Loughborough, let us know :smile:

Lindsay
Reply 30
Hii! I applied for Human geography at Durham, York, Edinburgh, Kings and Exeter. I have received two offers so far from York and Exeter and now I am waiting on the rest!!
Original post by fraudulent-lemon
I applied on Oct 15th and got an offer from Glasgow on Oct 17th, but I'm still waiting for St Andrews, Bristol, Edinburgh, and to hear back about a Cambridge (Clare) interview. Though I'm international, which might change when I hear back!

Edit - I just heard back from St Andrews and Bristol today! (Nov 15)

Have you heard from Edinburgh?
Original post by freyaxwallis
Hi, I applied the 14th October for BA Geography and I’m predicted A*AA I’ve applied to: Durham, Edinburgh, Leeds, Exeter and Southampton. I’ve had 2 offers, one from Exeter AAA and Southampton ABB. But still waiting on the others. Hope this helps!

Have you heard from Edinburgh yet?
Original post by unforeseen-shelf

Have you heard from Edinburgh yet?

No, I haven’t still waiting
Original post by unforeseen-shelf
Have you heard from Edinburgh?

Nope 😭 they're taking their time
Reply 35
Hi guys,
Just found this thread so allow me to introduce myself, I am doing Geography, Maths and Business A Levels and applied for the following courses:

BA Human Geography at Southampton

BA Geography at UCL, King's College London, and Leeds

MA Geography at Edinburgh

So far I have got offers from all but Edinburgh
I’m doing a bsc, not sure where to firm yet but applied to Bath Spa, Royal Holloway, Sussex, Bristol UWE and Kingston! Expected to get ABC in my A Levels of Geography, Photography and Business :smile:
As part of the TSR Goes Green initiative this week, I have created a thread on Careers in the Environmental Sector that you might be interested in. :smile:
Hi can you guys help me choose, I have an offer from ucl for geography and another from Warwick for global sustainable development. I really like both unis, as I know that I will get more connections, opportunities and is higher ranked internationally at ucl, but like the course at Warwick since it is more focused on sustainability (which is what I want to do after I graduate). Which one should I chose?
Original post by fluttermilly31
Hi can you guys help me choose, I have an offer from ucl for geography and another from Warwick for global sustainable development. I really like both unis, as I know that I will get more connections, opportunities and is higher ranked internationally at ucl, but like the course at Warwick since it is more focused on sustainability (which is what I want to do after I graduate). Which one should I chose?

The course you prefer. :yes:

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending