The Student Room Group

How are you feeling about A-level results?

This poll is closed

What worries you most about A-level results?

Missing my uni offer 43%
Finding a place through Clearing 2%
My hard work not paying off 30%
Disappointing my parents/carers 16%
My friends doing better than me 3%
Something else (tell us in the thread)6%
Total votes: 115
While you're probably just trying to enjoy your summer after a busy exam season, it's hard to completely relax when you know you'll be getting your results soon.

Is there anything in particular worrying you about results day?

And if you've experienced results day before, what advice would you give to students getting their results this year?

We are all here to help, so please just let us know what you need.
I feel like I could've worked harder for my a levels, and I feel as if I should have got what I need for my firm choice if I did, but I spent the whole 1 month period distracted and exhausted. I know I could have physically spent more time studying and working, but I don't know what I could've done to improve on the prep I already had done (now that I know what would've been helpful, in hindsight) so i don't feel it would've done anything except stress me out and make me more tired.

However, the majority of my more important exams i came out of and didnt feel confident at all in them and with everyone saying that grade boundaries will be higher than the past few years I don't think Im going to get my offer.

I know that if i don't get the results i want/need im going to be angry with myself more than anything else, but i seriously don't know what I could've done in the time i wasted. All of the questions i know i messed up either you can't really revise like that (application type questions - more of a long term issue for me) or weren't in my notes and weren't going to be added unless i came across a very specific question.

But obviously, we'll never know because I didn't do it and thats what frustrates me, because if i dont get the grades ill never know if i actually could have or not. I dont know how to deal with this and i dont want to 'complain' to people in my life about it because it feels like im whining.
hello I'm new
can i get information on sixth form colleges that specialize on science courses ( medicine )
Reply 3
Original post by difficultrooster
I feel like I could've worked harder for my a levels, and I feel as if I should have got what I need for my firm choice if I did, but I spent the whole 1 month period distracted and exhausted. I know I could have physically spent more time studying and working, but I don't know what I could've done to improve on the prep I already had done (now that I know what would've been helpful, in hindsight) so i don't feel it would've done anything except stress me out and make me more tired.

However, the majority of my more important exams i came out of and didnt feel confident at all in them and with everyone saying that grade boundaries will be higher than the past few years I don't think Im going to get my offer.

I know that if i don't get the results i want/need im going to be angry with myself more than anything else, but i seriously don't know what I could've done in the time i wasted. All of the questions i know i messed up either you can't really revise like that (application type questions - more of a long term issue for me) or weren't in my notes and weren't going to be added unless i came across a very specific question.

But obviously, we'll never know because I didn't do it and thats what frustrates me, because if i dont get the grades ill never know if i actually could have or not. I dont know how to deal with this and i dont want to 'complain' to people in my life about it because it feels like im whining.

I feel the exact same as you and im really scared lmao, I spent a lot of my time stressing and predicting grade boundaries for this year is really difficult so I've given up trying to predict what grades I might've gotten but ideally I want AAB but I just don't know. I don't wanna let myself down and not get my uni offer because that would kill me more than anything but im just praying everything works out and I tell myself if I don't get what I want then it was never meant for me, and something else will come along the way instead and be exactly what I need
Original post by c3lisse
I feel the exact same as you and im really scared lmao, I spent a lot of my time stressing and predicting grade boundaries for this year is really difficult so I've given up trying to predict what grades I might've gotten but ideally I want AAB but I just don't know. I don't wanna let myself down and not get my uni offer because that would kill me more than anything but im just praying everything works out and I tell myself if I don't get what I want then it was never meant for me, and something else will come along the way instead and be exactly what I need

yeah igy. I spent ages trying to decide between 2 unis and I ended up firming the one with harder grades because it's the course i've wanted to do for the past 2 years. I know that it's not the end of the world if i don't get into my firm choice or even my insurance (I have considered doing a gap year anyway) but it'll just suck if I let myself down like that.
Original post by difficultrooster

Original post by c3lisse

It sounds like you both did what you could, maybe you would have burned out if you pushed yourself to work too hard. Either way, exams are done now so it's time to start looking forward :smile:

Fingers crossed you get the grades you're after, but even if you don't it could end up being a positive - the grades won't define your future and the way you're feeling now could motivate you to work differently. It's also worth thinking about trying other revision methods, although I usually found that starting was the hardest part!

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending