The Student Room Group

Level 3 extended diploma or level 4

I finished my first year in Health and social care level 3 (certificate) and I am wondering if I should apply for level 4 or continue with Level 3 extended diploma. I feel like Level 3 certificate is a waste of time
(edited 9 months ago)
Original post by Xiyzer
I finished my first year in Health and social care level 3 (certificate) and I am wondering if I should apply for level 4 or continue with Level 3 extended diploma. I feel like Level 3 certificate is a waste of time

Can I ask why you think it's a waste of time? Does it align with what you need to progress onto your next step, whether that's university, an apprenticeship, career etc.?

If you leave part way through you might not be able to take any credit for the work you've already done so it's worth either speaking to your college or taking some time to really consider your options (or both, ideally!).
Original post by brainzistheword
Can I ask why you think it's a waste of time? Does it align with what you need to progress onto your next step, whether that's university, an apprenticeship, career etc.?

If you leave part way through you might not be able to take any credit for the work you've already done so it's worth either speaking to your college or taking some time to really consider your options (or both, ideally!).

Yes, the qualification is: NCFE cache level 3 certificate in health and social care and I will be awarded a Pass or Fail. A Pass is equivalent to a grade D and I don’t like it…
I did level 2 when I arrived at college, and now I feel that I have wasted my 2 years in college. I am currently 18 and I am turning 19 on June 15. If I continue studying L3 Ext Dip, does this mean I will have to pay for my course ?

My college also has a uni btw
Reply 3
Original post by username6323295

i want to do the same thing right now, but ofc i did go university and i regretted so bad because it wouldn't get me to where i wanted to be. i tried searching for level 4/5 health and social care but i cant find any anywhere.

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending