The Student Room Group

Uni of Bath GCSE Grades

Hi guys,

I was planning to apply for UoBath’s management/marketing degree as my firm, but I saw that it requires a grade 6 in GCSE maths. I only got a grade 5 in maths, so do you think I should still apply or is there no point?

I do Psychology A-Level which needs maths, so if I get a high grade will that count? I have everything else I need for the course in terms of A-Level predicted grades. I just wanted to get any opinions/advice from other people that might be helpful.

(edited 8 months ago)
Original post by lingi88
Hi guys,

I was planning to apply for UoBath’s management/marketing degree as my firm, but I saw that it requires a grade 6 in GCSE maths. I only got a grade 5 in maths, so do you think I should still apply or is there no point?

I do Psychology A-Level which needs maths, so if I get a high grade will that count? I have everything else I need for the course in terms of A-Level predicted grades. I just wanted to get any opinions/advice from other people that might be helpful.

GCSE entry requirements are not negotiable. Retake your maths GCSE alongside your A levels if you want to apply for courses that require above a 5.
Reply 2
Ah that’s what I was scared of! Thank you so much though :smile:
Reply 3
Original post by lingi88

I was planning to apply for UoBath’s management/marketing degree .... but I saw that it requires a grade 6 in GCSE maths. I only got a grade 5 in maths, so do you think I should still apply or is there no point?

That is one of Bath's most competitive courses - it'll be a straight rejection.

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending