The Student Room Group
Student at University of Edinburgh
University of Edinburgh

Edinburgh University 2024

How strict are Edinburgh uni about grades and meeting the entry requirements? Do they typically give out conditionals for grades if you haven't quite met them in fifth year?
Reply 1
Pretty sure they say they want at least BBB by the end of fifth year so you should be fine as long as you do well in sixth year.
Student at University of Edinburgh
University of Edinburgh
I've got 4 A's and a B? Do you think I'll be able to get an unconditional offer?
Reply 3
Original post by engineering06
I've got 4 A's and a B? Do you think I'll be able to get an unconditional offer?

Depends on what you have applied for. I know a lot of people that got AAAAA and only some of them got in. But those are strong grades so I would definately still apply as they take more than just grades into account. May i ask what subject/course it is you are applying for?
Yeah, I'm most likely going to do Mechanical Engineering. I've also got my Personal Statement ready and a lot of people have already said it's a strong statement.
Original post by wasd5002
Depends on what you have applied for. I know a lot of people that got AAAAA and only some of them got in. But those are strong grades so I would definately still apply as they take more than just grades into account. May i ask what subject/course it is you are applying for?
Reply 5
Original post by engineering06
Yeah, I'm most likely going to do Mechanical Engineering. I've also got my Personal Statement ready and a lot of people have already said it's a strong statement.

By the looks of it you have already surpassed their entry requirements so you're off to a good start. I would say tho dont count on getting an unconditional as they may want certain grades in more higher or advanced highers. Theres nothing to worry about tho you have really good grades and a strong personal statement can only help so youre definately on the right track :smile:

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending