The Student Room Group

wrong student exam number

i put the wrong student 4 digit number and i think i’m screwed for a lot of my gcses i did that but i put my correct exam centre number and full name for all my exams
Original post by spzxv
i put the wrong student 4 digit number and i think i’m screwed for a lot of my gcses i did that but i put my correct exam centre number and full name for all my exams

Well, it's a little silly (don't do this again).

However, they did ask for at least 3 types of information so they can cross check. If they only asked for your student number, then you are potentially screwed. You should be fine without them raising a ruckus.
If they do raise a ruckus, they will contact you in writing.

I do wonder how you managed to put down the wrong student number for a number of your GCSEs in a UK exam centre though. In a typical exam situation, they would give you your student number on a card right on your desk. You only need to copy the number in front of you onto the exam paper.
Reply 2
i mixed up a number with another and i asked my examiner as soon as i knew about this and they said it’s fine don’t worry about it, i had correctly displayed my full name and the examining area (my school code)
Original post by spzxv
i mixed up a number with another and i asked my examiner as soon as i knew about this and they said it’s fine don’t worry about it, i had correctly displayed my full name and the examining area (my school code)

It's a little silly, but you're fine then.

Quick Reply

Latest