The Student Room Group
Reply 1
What are you predicted for your other A level?
Reply 2
well i'm predicted A in biology, A in French, B in Psychology & B in Chemistry

and i got an offer of ABB (with the A in biology)
Reply 3
I have a BTEC at merit merit which is equivalnt to CC so what do you think
I thought you needed one A to get into manchester? Two of my friends have applied there and I think that's what they said. Maybe email the university and ask if your btec helps, but if that equivilates to C's I don't know if it will? Where else are you planning on applying to?
Reply 5
I'm predicted AAA in biology, maths and chemistry.. Sent my UCAS off last friday so hopefully they'll contact me soon with good news *prays* :woo:
Reply 6
JUSTME1
Hi I was wondering what sort of offers you guys have recieved,and what your predicted grades are.

My predicted grades are B for both chemistry and biology.

I have only C in english and maths at gcse.

What are my chances of atleast getting a offer?

Manchester ask for at least a B in English Language and Maths at GCSE.

I am predicted AAA in Biology, Chemistry and Psychology and I was offered ABB.

Hope that was helpful. :smile:
Reply 7
Caronnn
Manchester ask for at least a B in English Language and Maths at GCSE.

I am predicted AAA in Biology, Chemistry and Psychology and I was offered ABB.

Hope that was helpful. :smile:

I got predicted AAA in Biology, Maths and Chemistry but got a C in GCSE English Lang.. would this make a difference :frown: ?
Reply 8
CupidzArrow
I got predicted AAA in Biology, Maths and Chemistry but got a C in GCSE English Lang.. would this make a difference :frown: ?

I always thought that if you don't meet the minimum requirements on their website, then they don't normally consider, but I could be wrong. I think it depends on if there was any mitigating circumstances to a lower GCSE grade, for example, illness.

We've always been recommended by our college to not apply to a university if you don't meet their grade requirements.

If you're in doubt, the best thing you can do is contact Manchester.
Reply 9
Caronnn
I always thought that if you don't meet the minimum requirements on their website, then they don't normally consider, but I could be wrong. I think it depends on if there was any mitigating circumstances to a lower GCSE grade, for example, illness.

We've always been recommended by our college to not apply to a university if you don't meet their grade requirements.

If you're in doubt, the best thing you can do is contact Manchester.

Ahhh :woo: I'm so worried now.

I'll contact manchester asap
Reply 10
Sorry! I didn't mean to worry you! But best of luck with everything :smile:
Reply 11
i only got a C in maths gcse and a b at gcse is required... my AS grades were AACD and i got a conditional offer - AAB (psychology)

my gcses werent great either
Reply 12
i just realised that post really didn't make much sense! sorry, i'm tired..

Latest

Trending

Trending