The Student Room Group
Chemistry Research, Durham University
Durham University
Durham
Visit website

Official Durham University freshers 2023 chat

Scroll to see replies

Original post by Anonymous
Hi, your email works provides access to many online services including the Microsoft suite. You can log on online by just searching up Microsoft 365 and this gets you access to the online version but you can also download the app I believe and log into that.

I entered my uni email (4 letters and 2 numbers) and it said the Microsoft account does not exist:cry2:
Chemistry Research, Durham University
Durham University
Durham
Visit website
I entered my uni email (4 letters and 2 numbers) and it said the Microsoft account does not exist:cry2:

That is very strange, have you definitely typed in the @durham.ac.uk bit correctly and not mixed up any of the order? If it still doesn’t work I’d contact IT
Has anyone been contacted about the Durham grant yet?
Original post by random_matt
Has anyone been contacted about the Durham grant yet?

I was contacted quite a while ago!
Is the catering service starting at 23rd sep? Or 1st Oct?
Is the catering service starting at 23rd sep? Or 1st Oct?

Should start from when you move in, I know at my college it’s already started for people who are early arrivals and freps
Has any current student had their maintenance loan paid yet?

Yup, came in yesterday, usually takes around 3 days. Double check the application status because it could be that the uni hasn’t confirmed your enrolment yet :smile:
Yup, came in yesterday, usually takes around 3 days. Double check the application status because it could be that the uni hasn’t confirmed your enrolment yet :smile:

They have not, I will go to the palatine center tomorrow. Was this contingent on matriculation? I missed mine due to physical injury.
(edited 7 months ago)

Mine is due on the 2nd October
They have not, I will go to the palatine center tomorrow. Was this contingent on matriculation? I missed mine due to physical injury.

Nope, had my matriculation today. Might just be a bit of a delay or an internal error, mine was confirmed only on Monday evening. It might be to do with college verification instead.
Reply 331

My daughter has't had her status confirmed it's still on awaiting confirmation.

Anyone know what's the best course of action for her?
Original post by Bexwa
My daughter has't had her status confirmed it's still on awaiting confirmation.

Anyone know what's the best course of action for her?

Initially, may be best to contact college student support/admin who should then be able to direct her query to the right place.
Reply 333
thanks I will encourage her to do so.
Hi
Does anyone know which photography company took the matriculation group photo for St Aidan’s college? My son didn’t get an email about how to place an order and when he enquired with the college, he was told he’s missed order deadline. If we can find the name of the company, perhaps we can order one directly from them.
Reply 335
Ive had a look on the photo and can’t see anything unfortunately. I have to say the communication and organisation within Aidan’s compared to the other colleges is sadly lacking. It’s not how I expected it to be and sadly wouldn’t recommend it as a college compared to the others
Hi
Does anyone know which photography company took the matriculation group photo for St Aidan’s college? My son didn’t get an email about how to place an order and when he enquired with the college, he was told he’s missed order deadline. If we can find the name of the company, perhaps we can order one directly from them.

At my college (not aidans) we got a card delivered to our post slots with order details on so may be worth checking here as the company we used required a log in to access photo ordering
Original post by andrea99
Ive had a look on the photo and can’t see anything unfortunately. I have to say the communication and organisation within Aidan’s compared to the other colleges is sadly lacking. It’s not how I expected it to be and sadly wouldn’t recommend it as a college compared to the others

Thank you for looking x
At my college (not aidans) we got a card delivered to our post slots with order details on so may be worth checking here as the company we used required a log in to access photo ordering

Thank you. As the previous poster mentioned, Aidan’s communication seems to be lacking compared to other colleges. Someone gave me a name of a photography company so I may contact them to enquire.

Quick Reply

Latest