Visit website

Official Durham University freshers 2023 chat

Scroll to see replies

Chemistry Research, Durham University
Durham University
Durham
Visit website
Original post by leannebupe
Yes, very true. Stating that 77% have been allocated yet so many still not having heard anything, makes us feel abandoned and feeling lost.

Do we know wether allocated = received email?
ie could we have been allocated but yet have been sent the email about our accommodation. Clutching at straws now
Original post by Anonymous
I also thought publishing that statement on website saying that 77% of people are allocated and listing full colleges but then nothing about what that means for people who haven’t heard was really not helpful… feels like excluding some entirely for no clear reason.. any Uni reps on here who can help explain what is happening. ?!

Really interested to read this statement but I can’t seem to find it. Would you mind sharing it?
It could be that they waiting to see if anyone doesn’t confirm their allocated room or withdraws or something. I have heard about someone already re-allocated from Collingwood so clutching at straws that not having heard anything means there might be a chance… but also dreading being allocated shared room somewhere I really don’t want to be!! Feels horrible waiting and knowing 77% of others all sorted
Original post by XanaXoid
Really interested to read this statement but I can’t seem to find it. Would you mind sharing it?

Shared above
ie could we have been allocated but yet have been sent the email about our accommodation. Clutching at straws now

That was what I was wondering too, and I guess from the comments, many are also thinking the same thing. I guess we won't be able to tell at all, as some people have been receiving allocations even from the colleges mentioned up to a couple of days ago. Was it a spill over from Thursday when the update went out? Or are they allocated ones being contacted now. Who knows? Just trying to stay positive and open-minded now..
Original post by leannebupe
That was what I was wondering too, and I guess from the comments, many are also thinking the same thing. I guess we won't be able to tell at all, as some people have been receiving allocations even from the colleges mentioned up to a couple of days ago. Was it a spill over from Thursday when the update went out? Or are they allocated ones being contacted now. Who knows? Just trying to stay positive and open-minded now..

Yes I’m also trying to stay positive and believe will all work out. I just really hope whatever the answer is that I don’t have to wait until early sept.

Original post by XanaXoid

It's 2 posts above. Very unusual to see Durham offer such details

Interested in what you mean?

Yeah but it doesn’t detail if “allocated” is the same as sending out emails to confirm accommodation.
Interested in what you mean?

All the way through the UCAS application process, trying to get information from admissions was like trying to get blood from a stone.

That's why I'm kind of surprised that they've been so open saying 77% of people allocated and these 5 colleges are full

Yeah saw it cheers. The previous years they didn’t give out any stats and just emailed telling you your college
I'm a provisional Castle college offer holder - have heard nothing from them since the provisional allocations back in May. A couple people I know are in the same position with Castle as well. I mean, I of course hope that I won't be reallocated since the most likely reallocation will be to Hatfield.

Only thing that worries me is that I had to submit my visa application earlier this week and I put down Castle's address - I am hoping that does not impact the whether my application is successful or not; yet again though, UKVI is rather pedantic.
Reply 53
I'm a provisional Castle college offer holder - have heard nothing from them since the provisional allocations back in May. A couple people I know are in the same position with Castle as well. I mean, I of course hope that I won't be reallocated since the most likely reallocation will be to Hatfield.

Only thing that worries me is that I had to submit my visa application earlier this week and I put down Castle's address - I am hoping that does not impact the whether my application is successful or not; yet again though, UKVI is rather pedantic.

I put down St Cuthbert's as the address on my visa application and, despite it only being a provisional allocation, I still got my visa without issues. I don't think the adress will be a problem, even if you were to be reallocated :smile:

Castle holder too here still waiting
Original post by JP2020
Do we know if by “full” they mean that they are all allocated, but not necessarily emails sent?
ie - I may have been allocated castle as expected, and may be part of the “full” bracket but haven’t yet been sent an email.

I’m keeping my hopes up for that as well. Hopefully we’ve been allocated to our chosen colleges just not emailed yet
Hi, I don't want to get anyone's hopes too high, but just a perspective from someone who is lucky to have their allocation already: we were given a deadline to send in a payment to confirm living in, many people will have had the deadline of the 28th I expect if they came out around the same time. That does mean if people don't confirm there might be a few more spaces available early next week, however it's probably very unlikely :frown:( I wish you all the best of luck!!
Hi, I don't want to get anyone's hopes too high, but just a perspective from someone who is lucky to have their allocation already: we were given a deadline to send in a payment to confirm living in, many people will have had the deadline of the 28th I expect if they came out around the same time. That does mean if people don't confirm there might be a few more spaces available early next week, however it's probably very unlikely :frown:( I wish you all the best of luck!!

I’m another Castle provisional holder waiting to hear, I’m not holding out much hope and will embrace wherever I end up. Although I had hoped for the Bailey and that’s looking unlikely :frown:

Thanks for this. Makes me feel like there will be some movement from tomorrow. I just want to know now even if isn’t the one I had hope for.. just want confirmation of somewhere so I can feel part of it all…
Hey, I am having trouble with the online enrolment. I emailed the college I was allocated (St. Chad's) but they haven't gotten back to me. Could someone please help me out?

For one, in the 'Financial Information' section there is no option for Student Finance England/SLC in the drop down menu under 'Main Sponsor Contributing To Fee'. SLC is covering my entire tuition fee so I am not sure what to put down in this section.

I am also having trouble uploading a photograph. Although the one I have chosen is being displayed, I am unable to click the continue button as it says no file has been uploaded. Then, when I try to upload a file, it says I cannot because a photograph has already been uploaded. A tick does appear next to the photograph page in the enrolment checklist but I just want to make sure that it is actually filled in correctly.

Thank you!

Quick Reply

Latest