The Student Room Group
Chemistry Research, Durham University
Durham University
Durham
Visit website

Official Durham University freshers 2023 chat

Scroll to see replies

Has anyone in hatfield received any emails/other info recently? I haven’t gotten anything since the accommodation offer over a week ago so I’m wondering if I’ve missed anything especially since on the jcr website under freshers it mentions a form with a deadline of tomorrow which I haven’t received anything about. Thanks
Chemistry Research, Durham University
Durham University
Durham
Visit website
Has anyone heard anything about their university email? I completed enrolment a couple days ago so I was just wondering if anyone else has received any updates
Original post by Anonymous
Has anyone heard anything about their university email? I completed enrolment a couple days ago so I was just wondering if anyone else has received any updates

Have you received your username and password yet?
has anyone still not received anything yet, like accommodation, college allocation or enrollment details? I emailed them and they said to wait, but it's getting kind of ridiculous.
Original post by pangolin :)
has anyone still not received anything yet, like accommodation, college allocation or enrollment details? I emailed them and they said to wait, but it's getting kind of ridiculous.

I haven’t either…getting really worried
Original post by pangolin :)

Hi, for what I’ve seen Durham said that the deadline to receive the confirmed college is the 6th of September. Once you have your college you will get all the enrolment details etc
Original post by XanaXoid
Hi, for what I’ve seen Durham said that the deadline to receive the confirmed college is the 6th of September. Once you have your college you will get all the enrolment details etc

Thanks for this. I think the stress is coming from the uncertainty of whether those still waiting will be reallocated or not. Do you have any insight on that at all as any reassurances (either way) would be really helpful. Thank you 🙏
Thanks for this. I think the stress is coming from the uncertainty of whether those still waiting will be reallocated or not. Do you have any insight on that at all as any reassurances (either way) would be really helpful. Thank you 🙏

I agree with you and knowing your college would allow you to complete enrolment and everything else, hopefully they will let you all know soon.
I don’t have any insight into the college allocation and reallocation so unfortunately I can’t help you
I Heard some people got allocations yesterday so perhaps some movement it’s really frustrating not being able to do anything
Hey, also still waiting to hear back from them. I understand that this takes time and that their deadline is in a week but being on the receiving end is definitely not nice.
What is hard is knowing that lots of other people have heard and getting all excited..
I Heard some people got allocations yesterday so perhaps some movement it’s really frustrating not being able to do anything

There were several allocations into a couple of colleges listed as full yesterday - hope those still waiting hear soon. I think if you haven’t yet been reallocated them there is still a chance of getting your provisional allocation.
The five most popular are full, shocking!
Original post by random_matt
The five most popular are full, shocking!

There were allocations into at least 2 of these 5 yesterday.

Please can you share where you are hearing of these allocations / reallocations. Can’t see / find anything anywhere! Thanks 👍
There were allocations into at least 2 of these 5 yesterday.

Hi - where are you seeing the updates? Thanks 😊
Hi - where are you seeing the updates? Thanks 😊

I don’t think theee was an update - I was allocated yesterday as were people I know.
Original post by XanaXoid
I agree with you and knowing your college would allow you to complete enrolment and everything else, hopefully they will let you all know soon.
I don’t have any insight into the college allocation and reallocation so unfortunately I can’t help you

Thanks. Please can you give some guidance on the process - do you get the enrolment info after the college confirmation? Is there any chance you can get this at the same time or before? No idea what happens next. Thanks 😊
Do we get an enrolment email saying it has been completed? I completed all the steps necessary and uploaded my photo.
(edited 8 months ago)
Thanks. Please can you give some guidance on the process - do you get the enrolment info after the college confirmation? Is there any chance you can get this at the same time or before? No idea what happens next. Thanks 😊

Yesterday evening I received an email from my college telling me my allocation was confirmed. Today I received loads more info from the college about accommodation and all sorts of stuff and was told that I would receive 2 emails from college with password / log in info.

Quick Reply

Latest