The Student Room Group

should I remark one or both GCSE papers?

I’m planning to remark 3 subjects:
-AQA eng lang, as I’m one point from a 8
-Edexcel econ, also one point away
-CIE chinese, 2 percentiles away

All of these subjects have 2 papers each, should I remark just one paper or both? If it’s just one then should I remark the paper I think I did better in? Or the paper I think I did worse in?
(edited 8 months ago)
Reply 1
Original post by hazooo
I’m planning to remark 3 subjects:
-AQA eng lang, as I’m one point from a 8
-Edexcel econ, also one point away
-CIE chinese, 2 percentiles away

All of these subjects have 2 papers each, should I remark just one paper or both? If it’s just one then should I remark the paper I think I did better in? Or the paper I think I did worse in?

Has your teacher looked at the copies of your papers [free access]?
Reply 2
Original post by Muttley79
Has your teacher looked at the copies of your papers [free access]?

My teachers said they didn’t even get my component grades back, do you know how to get the copies of the papers back?
Reply 3
Original post by hazooo
My teachers said they didn’t even get my component grades back, do you know how to get the copies of the papers back?

That's not true - all these are available for AQA and Edexcel - I know nothing about CIE.

https://qualifications.pearson.com/en/support/Services/access-to-scripts.html

https://www.aqa.org.uk/exams-administration/after-results/post-results/copy-of-marked-paper
Reply 4

Ohhhhh thank you, but I do not have a account in either of these exam boards, can only the teachers access the papers?
Reply 5
Original post by hazooo
Ohhhhh thank you, but I do not have a account in either of these exam boards, can only the teachers access the papers?

Yes - that's why I asked about your teachers - the exams officer needs to download the copies. You'll have to give permission.
Reply 6
Original post by Muttley79
Yes - that's why I asked about your teachers - the exams officer needs to download the copies. You'll have to give permission.

Im sorry if I sound dumb right now, but how would I go about getting my papers? My school didn’t even talk about the option of getting papers back and my teachers didn’t seem like they ever requested papers back either, should I ask them if they can request them back? How would I give permission?
Reply 7
Original post by hazooo
Im sorry if I sound dumb right now, but how would I go about getting my papers? My school didn’t even talk about the option of getting papers back and my teachers didn’t seem like they ever requested papers back either, should I ask them if they can request them back? How would I give permission?

Go into school and speak to the exams officer - we have a form students fill in but I don't know what your school does.

Make it clear you want COPIES - you don't wnat the actual paper as then you can't get a review. Ask your teacher to check the marking against the mark scheme ..
(edited 8 months ago)

Quick Reply

Latest