The Student Room Group

gcse results - should i retake eng lang

I recently completed my GCSEs and got my grades and want to go into neuroscience related course at Kings or Manchester but I don't know if my grades are good enough. To give some context, I went to a private school but had to commute a total of 4 hours a day - wake up 5:30am get back 6pm - and I was dealing with terrible mental health which wasn't recognised by the school at the time.

My grades were:
Rs - 9
Eng lit - 9
science double award - 9,8
latin 7
greek 7
maths 7
cs 7
eng lang 6
I'm mostly worried about english language because I was predicted an 8 but the exam went horrible and I ended up with a 6. Maths I know I can make up for because I'm doing core maths and I was 2 marks away from an 8.
Should I retake eng lang? or does it not matter because im going into sciences.
Reply 1
it doesn't really matter
Original post by kandeman
I recently completed my GCSEs and got my grades and want to go into neuroscience related course at Kings or Manchester but I don't know if my grades are good enough. To give some context, I went to a private school but had to commute a total of 4 hours a day - wake up 5:30am get back 6pm - and I was dealing with terrible mental health which wasn't recognised by the school at the time.

My grades were:
Rs - 9
Eng lit - 9
science double award - 9,8
latin 7
greek 7
maths 7
cs 7
eng lang 6
I'm mostly worried about english language because I was predicted an 8 but the exam went horrible and I ended up with a 6. Maths I know I can make up for because I'm doing core maths and I was 2 marks away from an 8.
Should I retake eng lang? or does it not matter because im going into sciences.

English Language is a core subject so it'd be a good idea to retake but I don't think it'll be too much of an issue considering the strength of your other grades.

Quick Reply

Latest