The Student Room Group

I don't have further maths..

My school does not offer further maths. I want to apply for actuarial science/ data science with mathematics in LSE, machester and similar math subjects in UCL, and imperial college. they all say that further maths is not fully required, but is there honestly a chance for me to get accepted?
Reply 1
Original post by laamia7
My school does not offer further maths. I want to apply for actuarial science/ data science with mathematics in LSE, machester and similar math subjects in UCL, and imperial college. they all say that further maths is not fully required, but is there honestly a chance for me to get accepted?

Universities understand that not all schools offer further maths. It might be best if you ask your school to mention that in their UCAS reference for you.

@McGinger @Admit-One -- any thoughts?
Reply 2
If they say it isnt required then its worth applying - but as above make sure that your school reference explains that you cannot take FM at that school.

If you want real reassurance, email LSE etc and ask them.
Agree with the above. Contact them ahead to see if there's any disadvantage applying if your school doesn't offer it.

And make sure your ref states it clearly if you do apply.

Quick Reply

Latest