The Student Room Group
Students on campus at the University of Warwick
University of Warwick
Coventry

Warwick Accomodation

Is Sherborne at Warwick a good accomodation?
Reply 1
Original post by Anonymous

Depends on what you want to prioritise
It's relatively far out from the main campus compared to others, as well as being far from cannon park+Aldi.
However it's close to the sports centre, the kitchens tend to be pretty large and it has an ensuite.
Students on campus at the University of Warwick
University of Warwick
Coventry
Reply 2
Ok, thanks so much. Are the rooms relatively big? Is there any way of switching the bed to a bigger one
Original post by Skiwi
Depends on what you want to prioritise
It's relatively far out from the main campus compared to others, as well as being far from cannon park+Aldi.
However it's close to the sports centre, the kitchens tend to be pretty large and it has an ensuite.
Reply 3
Ok, thanks so much. Are the rooms relatively big? Is there any way of switching the bed to a bigger one

Go onto the accom website and check the room dimensions for sherbourne. I've never been inside one of the rooms, only the kitchen so I have no idea.

You can't normally change stuff that already comes with the room unless you have a medical reason. But you could always ask
Reply 4
Original post by Skiwi
Go onto the accom website and check the room dimensions for sherbourne. I've never been inside one of the rooms, only the kitchen so I have no idea.

You can't normally change stuff that already comes with the room unless you have a medical reason. But you could always ask

Ok, thanks so much - I really appreciate it.

I've heard its one of the more quiet ones in comparison to, for example, Rootes which is more party.
Does anyone know what accom is more suitable for a person who doesn't like going out at night a lot - I've been placed at Rootes and only recently found out it is very party-like. I was looking to see if i could transfer to sherbourne but kinda want something cheaper?
Does anyone know what accom is more suitable for a person who doesn't like going out at night a lot - I've been placed at Rootes and only recently found out it is very party-like. I was looking to see if i could transfer to sherbourne but kinda want something cheaper?

Heyy I’ve been placed at Rootes too, but in an en suite. I’m not a party type of person either, and I can’t find any pictures of Rootes en suites online. I think it’s maybe more about the people each year rather than the place itself, so unless it’s really bothering you I’d recommend just trying it out, or at least that’s what I’m going to do. Have you been allocated in an en suite as well or the shared bathroom?
Heyy I’ve been placed at Rootes too, but in an en suite. I’m not a party type of person either, and I can’t find any pictures of Rootes en suites online. I think it’s maybe more about the people each year rather than the place itself, so unless it’s really bothering you I’d recommend just trying it out, or at least that’s what I’m going to do. Have you been allocated in an en suite as well or the shared bathroom?

Hey, thanks for responding. I've been allocated in a shared bathroom. For sure, I'll try it out but I'm going to be aware of the transfer scheme they do in the first few weeks of the academic year.
Reply 9
Thank you!
Original post by Holli Dijana
I've heard its one of the more quiet ones in comparison to, for example, Rootes which is more party.

One of the best actually, near the sports facilities as well, and unlike lakeside and heronbank, there are no geese noises during the winters.
Just spent a year at Sherb Block 2.
Reply 11
Ok thanks so much!
Original post by Mahessarsajjad
One of the best actually, near the sports facilities as well, and unlike lakeside and heronbank, there are no geese noises during the winters.
Just spent a year at Sherb Block 2.
Reply 12

Hi!
I was in Sherbourne block 6 and will be returning to Sherbourne for 2nd year! It is one of the better en-suites as fairly accessible but not too close to campus that you are disturbed by noise. However my main complaint would be that we were infested by silverfish which the uni did nothing to fix. Otherwise very sizeable kitchen and the room itself although not huge was suitable for one person.
I hope this has helped :smile:
Reply 13
Original post by Molly.222
Hi!
I was in Sherbourne block 6 and will be returning to Sherbourne for 2nd year! It is one of the better en-suites as fairly accessible but not too close to campus that you are disturbed by noise. However my main complaint would be that we were infested by silverfish which the uni did nothing to fix. Otherwise very sizeable kitchen and the room itself although not huge was suitable for one person.
I hope this has helped :smile:

Hi thanks so much for the info really really appreciate it !!! :smile: also , was this due to bad hygiene ?
Hi thanks so much for the info really really appreciate it !!! :smile: also , was this due to bad hygiene ?

I don’t think silverfish is due to hygiene, they normally appear in damp areas like bathrooms.
Reply 15
Original post by GreenStar7
I don’t think silverfish is due to hygiene, they normally appear in damp areas like bathrooms.

Oh ok, thank you

Quick Reply

Latest