The Student Room Group

Low UCAT - BMAT recommended or not/where to apply?

Hi,
I finished my UCAT today and got 2530 Band 2. I'm super disappointed with my score as I had been scoring 2900/2800 on mocks. I really want to study medicine and I'm not sure what other course I would be interested in tbh. I'm now concerned as to where to apply as I know this isn't the best score out there. My GCSEs are= 999999888 and my predicteds are A*AA (hoping to increase it to all A*s). I've got plenty of work experience = shadowing doctors at different hospitals, care home, st johns ambulance, volunteering at covid vaccination centre, teaching younger kids, volunteering at primary school and online work experience. Is it worth doing the BMAT? Any advice would be greatly appreciated :smile:

Thanks
yep its worth doing the bmat, ur score isnt that bad btw
Reply 2
Original post by jennaa21
yep its worth doing the bmat, ur score isnt that bad btw

Oh okay that's slightly better but do you know what universities would be recommended with my stats? Would applying to KCL be risky as I heard that they don't place an emphasis on UCAT but the overall application together?
Original post by xvg._107
Oh okay that's slightly better but do you know what universities would be recommended with my stats? Would applying to KCL be risky as I heard that they don't place an emphasis on UCAT but the overall application together?

no, KCL priotises people with high ucat, if you apply there thats an extreme risk as they only look at gcses and ucat
this means you'd be compared to ppl with all 9s and a 2800+ ucat

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending