The Student Room Group

i don't know what i want to do in the future, need advice asap

hey everyone!
i thought this would be the right place for me to write this as i'm a bit lost with what i want to do in the future and need advice asap. i'm in my 2nd year (final year) of sixth form, currently studying btec level 3 health & social care but the issue is i got mostly bad and some good grades in my first year due to my bad health that was affecting me and now i'm extremely stressed since it's 2nd year and i have absolute no clue with what i want to do in life. i've been seeking advice from my teachers but it's not helping me at all. i've been looking into potential careers but no options intrigue me. i've made a list of jobs within the health and social care industry but majority require a degree or an apprenticeship atleast. all my friends know what they want to do with their careers and it just feels like i'm the odd one out because i have nothing sorted out. i barely have any work experience as most jobs don't take me in due to the fact that i have no experience whereas all my friends do. i've tried applying to jobs and i've been rejected by all of them. i honestly feel like i won't be able to get good grades that'll get me into a good university or an apprenticeship. i want to drop out of college but i feel like i'll just end up regretting it.
Original post by hypehyein
hey everyone!
i thought this would be the right place for me to write this as i'm a bit lost with what i want to do in the future and need advice asap. i'm in my 2nd year (final year) of sixth form, currently studying btec level 3 health & social care but the issue is i got mostly bad and some good grades in my first year due to my bad health that was affecting me and now i'm extremely stressed since it's 2nd year and i have absolute no clue with what i want to do in life. i've been seeking advice from my teachers but it's not helping me at all. i've been looking into potential careers but no options intrigue me. i've made a list of jobs within the health and social care industry but majority require a degree or an apprenticeship atleast. all my friends know what they want to do with their careers and it just feels like i'm the odd one out because i have nothing sorted out. i barely have any work experience as most jobs don't take me in due to the fact that i have no experience whereas all my friends do. i've tried applying to jobs and i've been rejected by all of them. i honestly feel like i won't be able to get good grades that'll get me into a good university or an apprenticeship. i want to drop out of college but i feel like i'll just end up regretting it.

Dont give up. If you are unsure now, take a gap year and think. Focus only on your studies
Original post by hypehyein
hey everyone!

I suggest finish your studies. take gap year and Travel.
Original post by ScoobyZazzy
I suggest finish your studies. take gap year and Travel.

also If studying is hard for you try get a part time job.

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending