The Student Room Group
Students in Lecture Theatre, University of Liverpool
University of Liverpool
Liverpool

Can I get into Liverpool?

Scroll to see replies

Original post by Clivierx
So it's all about making yourself employable with things like placement years etc. I might get into the creative field then! I'll definitely get researching for new courses and make sure to analyze properly. Thank you for saving me :smile:

Yeah transferable skills are the key thing, which you gain through work experience and internships etc.

Although generally I gather employers are rather agnostic to where you studied as well (outside of the well known exceptions of investment banking and management consulting where you do need to go to one of their "target unis"), the above linked research did note that employment outcomes were quite different based on unis attended so that might be something to investigate further.

Also as noted, degree apprenticeships really shouldn't be discounted as an option. They give you the most experience in the working world and therefore are excellent preparation for pursuing work as a graduate, assuming the company running the apprenticeship doesn't just hire you outright at the end anyway. Plus if you do genuinely enjoy coding for the sake of it (some people do, I find it rather tedious personally) then there are definitely a lot of degree apprenticeships at a range of companies where that is what you would be doing day in and day out and learning to do :smile:

I really think in general the idea of the "university experience" is overrated and not really all its cracked up to be. Not to mention that it is entirely possible to have parallel experiences outside of the university environment, socially speaking.
(edited 7 months ago)
Students in Lecture Theatre, University of Liverpool
University of Liverpool
Liverpool
Original post by Clivierx
Guys, I dont get if I will be eligible for getting into Liverpool computer science foundation year. My GCSE grades are this:

Maths- Grade 5
English Language- Grade 6
English Literature - Grade 7
Music Tech Level 2 Merit
Media Studies- Grade 8
Graphics- Grade 8
French Grade 9
Combined higher Science Grade 9-8

Now the thing that confuses me is this:

All applicants must have a minimum of five GCSEs at grade C/4 or above, including English Language, Mathematics and two Sciences (any two of Biology, Chemistry and Physics, or Core and Additional Science/Dual Science acceptable). Applicants over 21 can be considered on GCSEs alone.

Can I get in even though I did combined science?

Hi there,

I believe that 'combined science' would be the same as 'dual science', as long as it is a double award GCSE qualification. If you are unsure on this it is always best to contact UK Admissions at the University, since I cannot confirm that these qualification as you describe will meet the requirements. Their contacts can be found here: [email protected]

Best of luck in your studies :smile:

Malachy - University of Liverpool Student Rep

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending