The Student Room Group

Employment Issues

I need advice about some work related issues. I work in admin in a NHS hospital contracted hours 8am-4pm, Mon-Fri.

1. A week after starting my job I asked my manager if I could start and finish earlier as sometimes I got into the office anywhere between 7:15am - 7:30 am. They agreed and said they're flexible as long as I do my 8hours. Now they are on extended sick leave, a week after they left the step in manger introduced themselves as asked me my hours which I explained my agreement and they told me I can't do that, the reason they gave me sounded off like they were just making up any excuse. If my manager who is still technically my manager agreed this can they go back on it considering the NHS also encourages flexible working?
I have also requested other flexible working which they rejected and again their reasoning to me just sounds like they making it up.

2. Does anyone know any trade unions that would be able to offer advice as the one I'm with (unison) won't deal with any issues that happened before I joined.

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending