The Student Room Group

personal statement help

i'm wondering if anyone can help me with personal statement ideas, how to start it and the types of things that make you stand out to admissions etc as im completely lost and honestly lose motivation as soon as i think about writing it.

thanks for any of the help!
(edited 7 months ago)
Reply 1
Original post by oliviawashere
i'm wondering if anyone can help me with personal statement ideas, how to start it and the types of things that make you stand out to admissions etc as im completely lost and honestly lose motivation as soon as i think about writing it.

thanks for any of the help!

I was in that same situation only a few weeks ago. I just talked about specific parts of my a-levels that I have enjoyed and how they relate to the course I want to do and potentially further research / work I did on that topic. I also mentioned a couple of books I read and courses I did. What course are you thinking of doing and where do you think you'll be applying?
Reply 2
Original post by Amberm11
I was in that same situation only a few weeks ago. I just talked about specific parts of my a-levels that I have enjoyed and how they relate to the course I want to do and potentially further research / work I did on that topic. I also mentioned a couple of books I read and courses I did. What course are you thinking of doing and where do you think you'll be applying?

i'm going to apply to do primary education degree as i would love to become a teacher but i'm not sure which uni yet. did your personal statement sound repetitive as every time i try to write it, i feel like i just say the same thing ha
Reply 3
Original post by oliviawashere
i'm going to apply to do primary education degree as i would love to become a teacher but i'm not sure which uni yet. did your personal statement sound repetitive as every time i try to write it, i feel like i just say the same thing ha

That is honestly so relatable and I had the same issue. To start with, I just ended up ignoring whether I was being repetitive or not and just wrote everything I wanted to say down. I then went back over it and replaced certain words I used a lot and tried to restructure some sentences. I understand I'm not necessarily the best person to be giving advice because my personal statement isn't actually quite finished yet but I hope that helps
Reply 4
Original post by Amberm11
That is honestly so relatable and I had the same issue. To start with, I just ended up ignoring whether I was being repetitive or not and just wrote everything I wanted to say down. I then went back over it and replaced certain words I used a lot and tried to restructure some sentences. I understand I'm not necessarily the best person to be giving advice because my personal statement isn't actually quite finished yet but I hope that helps

this is so helpful, and i will take all your advice into account! thanks so much and hope everything goes well with your uni application!

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending