The Student Room Group

Software Engineering Degree Apprenticeship | Digital & Technology Solutions Level 6

Scroll to see replies

Just a heads up, I believe that Barclays partner with Manchester Metropolitan University as their training provider as I saw it mentioned on a vacancy. I believe it's the same training provider regardless of location as those located in Northampton have MMU as their university partner.
Reply 21
Original post by CurryCurry2468
Just a heads up, I believe that Barclays partner with Manchester Metropolitan University as their training provider as I saw it mentioned on a vacancy. I believe it's the same training provider regardless of location as those located in Northampton have MMU as their university partner.

Interesting, thanks for the heads up!
Reply 23

Seems like kts closed now, but appreciate it regardless 👍
Original post by Astray666
Seems like kts closed now, but appreciate it regardless 👍

Yeah you’re right my bad didn’t see that

Most of the time, when they don't list the uni, it's usually through a training provider and the degree is awarded by a university that the training provider is partnered with if that makes sense. All teaching and assessment is done through the training provider though. Most places use QA and there is also Estio, dk of any others
Reply 26
Original post by CurryCurry2468
Most of the time, when they don't list the uni, it's usually through a training provider and the degree is awarded by a university that the training provider is partnered with if that makes sense. All teaching and assessment is done through the training provider though. Most places use QA and there is also Estio, dk of any others

Do you have any personal experience with QA?

nope, I am sure if u google u can find reviews etc

QA has a bad teaching reputation so i’d try and avoid them as much as i can (my friends are with QA through amazon and they’re teaching is very poor)
Reply 29
Original post by Ethereal001
QA has a bad teaching reputation so i’d try and avoid them as much as i can (my friends are with QA through amazon and they’re teaching is very poor)

May I ask what part of it is poor? Is it the lack of support, or lack of good teachers? Or anything else?
Does anyone know of any London based L6 (Digital and Technology Solutions) Degree Apprenticeships that are currently opened right now?
Reply 31
Original post by mojebow259
Does anyone know of any London based L6 (Digital and Technology Solutions) Degree Apprenticeships that are currently opened right now?

https://www.pwc.co.uk/careers/early-careers/our-programmes/flying-start-degrees/technology.html
think it is data analyst not sure mate
Reply 32
JP Morgan should be opening for London nearing the end of this month.
May I ask what part of it is poor? Is it the lack of support, or lack of good teachers? Or anything else?

both lol
Reply 34
New Software Engineering Apprenticeship (Level 6 Digital and Technology Solutions)

Company: BBC
Locations: London, Salford, Newcastle
Level: 6
University: Not stated within job description, only that it's a UK university

More information & to apply: https://careers.bbc.co.uk/search/?createNewAlert=false&q=SED24&locationsearch=&optionsFacetsDD_department=&optionsFacetsDD_shifttype=
(edited 6 months ago)
Reply 35
Original post by duduudud
New Software Engineering Apprenticeship (Level 6 Digital and Technology Solutions)

Company: BBC
Locations: London, Salford, Newcastle
University: Not stated within job description, only that it's a UK university

More information & to apply: https://careers.bbc.co.uk/search/?createNewAlert=false&q=SED24&locationsearch=&optionsFacetsDD_department=&optionsFacetsDD_shifttype=

Awesome, thank you!
Reply 36
Company: BT
University: Not stated but a good guess would be MMU

Apply: https://jobs.bt.com/BTGroup/job/1500-Aviator-Way-Digital-Technology-Solutions-Software-Engineer-Level-6-Manchester-Manc/781027202/
(edited 6 months ago)
I have found a 28k degree Apprenticeship with a company but the training provider is QA with Roehampton University, it ls like the perfect degree Apprenticeship but I'm not sure if I should go ahead with it

if you’re willing to put in the self-learning effort go for it way better than university regardless :smile:
Reply 38
Original post by Ethereal001
if you’re willing to put in the self-learning effort go for it way better than university regardless :smile:

Appreciate it mate, thanks a lot!
This is going to be a specific thread for : Software Engineering Degree Apprenticeships : Digital & Technology Solutions Level 6

This will only work with the contribution of everyone else:
•Upload new or current Software Engineering Degree Apprenticeship Opportunities (Sharing Is Caring)

•Provide Interview Tips / Ask For help.

•Provide CV Tips / Ask for help.

•Give your own story on why you want to do a Software Engineering Degree Apprenticeship and what have you done (work experience/ personal projects ) to prepare yourself for it.

If you apply to any Degree Apprenticeship from this thread then please be sure to make a reply to that post and let everyone know about each stage you complete successfully.

Feel free to add anything else you feel will help this thread!

ALL THE BEST OF LUCK EVERYONE 🙏

Hello ! I am applying for Uni and degree apprenticeships in Software engineering/Digital & technology solutions ^^
Here’s my background: I got grades BBB in chemistry Maths and Biology this year.
I’d like some help concerning my cover letter and personal statement. Here is a a summary of activities I’ve done:
1- i talked about an online software engineering work experience ( Springpod) and how it introduced me to CS, and how i found it intriguing
2- I talked about how i was passionate about animes and drawing, and then did some research about animation and how computing overlaps with drawing there ( made me appreciate that cs isn’t just a bunch of numbers but also can mix with art)
3- talked about ai and how it will be a powerful tool in the future for coders and my thoughts about it
4- I started python course and web design course on freecodecamp camp and did my first python project and I’m gonna build my personal website and talk about that too
5- bunch of extracurriculars ( and the skills they built): sixth form open evening, mentored some GCSE students in maths during sixth form. Joined my skl’s basketball academy. Was in my skls student voice. Currently working as a teaching assistant in year 1. I can speak fluently: English, Algerian Arabic, Tamazight, French. And some basic german

Things I’m considering to do : coding challenges, maybe reading A very short introduction : computer science . An online work experience on Forage.

Things to note: those were the main points i will talk about. It will also be tailored to the companies I’m gonna apply for.

Is this enough/ good ?
Anything specific i need to add / remove?
Anything more/ or extra activities i can do ?
Any tips on what unis and employers look for in particular ?
Anything to maximise my chances to getting accepted ?

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending