The Student Room Group

starting university afresh

hi everyone, i want to ask if it's too late for me to restart my degree at the age of 22. for context i began my degree at 2019 but towards 2020 covid struck and it severed my health and potential due to lack of support and resources. i withdrew my studies last year as i couldn't progress further due to illness. it's 2023 now and im experiencing a lot of conflict of interest, parts of me are like: ive wasted so much time but other parts are like, im now at a place where i am mentally mature and emotionally aware of what i have to do to excel in my education. i was only 18 when i started my first degree and i had no idea what i was doing tbh. i know that im very aware of my circumstances but my head keeps working against me. i don't want to be the ugly duckling as most of my classmates would be 18/19 while im the oldest, as i know many people would prefer to hang out with people their age.
(edited 7 months ago)
Original post by caramella77e
hi everyone, i want to ask if it's too late for me to restart my degree at the age of 22. for context i began my degree at 2019 but towards 2020 covid struck and it severed my health and potential due to lack of support and resources. i withdrew my studies last year as i couldn't progress further due to illness. it's 2023 now and im experiencing a lot of conflict of interest, parts of me are like: ive wasted so much time but other parts are like, im now at a place where i am mentally mature and emotionally aware of what i have to do to excel in my education. i was only 18 when i started my first degree and i had no idea what i was doing tbh. i know that im very aware of my circumstances but my head keeps working against me. i don't want to be the ugly duckling as most of my classmates would be 18/19 while im the oldest, as i know many people would prefer to hang out with people their age.

Hi.

Please dont let your age put you off going back to university. Most university courses have a mixture of ages and you will all have some similarities as you will all have chosen the same course. In my course we had people ranging from 18-50's, and everyone gets along.

Remember you can also join different societies and go to social events at the uni to meet other likeminded people, if you are worried about not making friends in your class.

Good luck with everything.

-Victoria
Wrexham Uni Rep

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending