The Student Room Group

is it best idea to quit Explores (scouts)now?

hi
i am going to scouts from the age of 8, i wanted to quit now -at Year 12
is it a a good idea ?

Thank you
(edited 7 months ago)
Reply 1
it depends why you want to leave, think about if there’s something you could do to make it more fulfilling for you, or if it’s the end of the road.
Reply 2
Original post by charves14
it depends why you want to leave, think about if there’s something you could do to make it more fulfilling for you, or if it’s the end of the road.

sorry for the late reply, i feel like end of the road.
Reply 3
Original post by Jeyasiri
sorry for the late reply, i feel like end of the road.

could you see if there are any more advanced options within the scouts organisation? ive never been a member but i know within girlguiding there’s guides (11-14) then rangers (14-18) which allows for a lot more independence, there’s also young leaders programmes to stay within the org without feeling young.
but, ulitimately everything must come to an end at some point, and you might be better off leaving while you still get some enjoyment than leaving when you resent it (you know, go out on a high?)
it’s one of those things where only you can make a decision, maybe try a pro/ con list to help you clarify your thoughts
Reply 4
Original post by charves14
could you see if there are any more advanced options within the scouts organisation? ive never been a member but i know within girlguiding there’s guides (11-14) then rangers (14-18) which allows for a lot more independence, there’s also young leaders programmes to stay within the org without feeling young.
but, ulitimately everything must come to an end at some point, and you might be better off leaving while you still get some enjoyment than leaving when you resent it (you know, go out on a high?)
it’s one of those things where only you can make a decision, maybe try a pro/ con list to help you clarify your thoughts

thank you
Original post by Jeyasiri
hi
i am going to scouts from the age of 8, i wanted to quit now -at Year 12
is it a a good idea ?

Thank you

Its entirely up to you.
Do you enjoy it? Do you want to carry on? Do you have any other hobbies?

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending