The Student Room Group

GCSE mock revision

I have mocks in 2 months and I'm stressing. I haven't started revising, and I feel like I'm running out of time. I am still making flashcards for topic 1 of sciences, how on earth am i meant to finish it all :frown: As I am top set, everyone is high achieving, revision crazy, and its so overwhelming. All I hear everyday is people in my classes talking about how long we have till GCSEs and it freaks me out so much. Is 2 months too little? I can't undo it now so I only have that much time left :frown: My teachers aren't helpful at all, my physics teacher hasn't been in for the past 4 lessons, my english teacher decided to just skip some poems in the anthology, its stressing me out sm. :frown: Everyone is saying different things, some people said they started revising in summer, and some people said they are waiting till october half term, idk if I can finish everything in 2 months :frown:
Reply 1
you're not alone!! i totally understand your panic about everyone around you reminding u about how long we have left and their revision etc, its horrific being in top set with all these high achievers!! its important that you just stay in your own lane and focus on yourself, not what everyone else is doing!! please try not to stress too much.

to answer your question, 2 months is plenty of time! as long as you do a little every night (and i mean a little, please do not do like 5 hours a night and burn yourself out within a fortnight lol), you'll be fine. and remember: these are only mocks, not the real thing!

if you want to do the best you can in this set of exams, i'd recommend active recall revision (eg cgp flashcards, or i think u can find free ones online. you already said youre making some anyway which is great). do a quick review as often as you can, eg before school. also past papers are a godsend, try and do a few a week. dont worry about trying to pack everything into flashcards right now, you can do that later, at the moment id just focus on making sure you actually grasp the knowledge rather than trying to make huge revision resources.

im sorry about your teachers, they sound pretty awful. just be aware of what youre missing and try to learn it at home if possible. i know its not ideal but u have to do what u can, and make the best of a bad situation. talk to them and let them know about your concerns if u can.

remember: you can do this! work hard, but above all look after yourself.
(edited 6 months ago)
Reply 2
Invest energy going over your group notes. A decent tip: consistently, have a notebook prepared and when you return home record what you realized in every example. What might you at any point review? Likewise read your notes and in the event that there is something you don't have any idea, find out or request that your educator make sense of it once more
(edited 6 months ago)

Quick Reply

Latest