The Student Room Group

Extra Qualifications

Hi, I’m 14 (Year 10) and looking to take some extra qualifications to boost my UCAS forms and CV - do you have any ideas? I’m not super sporty, so more academic stuff is better for me.
Reply 1
I'd recommend doing some sort of volunteer work, depending on what you want to study (if you already know). Personally, I [yr11 student] intend to study medicine, so I assist in local care homes and hospitals, including talking to patients and running errands. Hope that is helpful.
Reply 2
Original post by sk_5557
I'd recommend doing some sort of volunteer work, depending on what you want to study (if you already know). Personally, I [yr11 student] intend to study medicine, so I assist in local care homes and hospitals, including talking to patients and running errands. Hope that is helpful.

Thanks, I already volunteer as a young leader at a brownie unit but I may look into other options as well.
Original post by MatildaS
Hi, I’m 14 (Year 10) and looking to take some extra qualifications to boost my UCAS forms and CV - do you have any ideas? I’m not super sporty, so more academic stuff is better for me.

Hi there,

Best option is online courses. You will learn lots of technical knowledge which you will be able to put on your CV and UCAS forms.

Check out these websites:
Springpod
EDx
FutureLearn
Coursera

Hope that helps
Reply 4
Original post by apprentinsideryt
Hi there,

Best option is online courses. You will learn lots of technical knowledge which you will be able to put on your CV and UCAS forms.

Check out these websites:
Springpod
EDx
FutureLearn
Coursera

Hope that helps

I will definitely look into those options. Thanks!

Quick Reply

Latest