Carr Saunders Halls, LSE
London School of Economics
London

LSE Economics L100 2024 Entry

Scroll to see replies

Original post by DarkAvengerBack
Rejected with 3 A*s predicted, A* achieved and A Achieved

Reason PS

wow unfortunate, what do you think was weak about ur PS?
Carr Saunders Halls, LSE
London School of Economics
London
You know what I just don’t believe that all of PSs are lacking - all of us who’ve been rejected have superb grades (predicted or achieved), and I’m sure had a heap interests and supracurriculars that weren’t just listed but described as part of a wider narrative. Of course we’d read LSE’s guidance for the PS and checked all the boxes etc. I’m sure there are other things at play…. In my case saying I sat TSA meant that they knew I had applied to a joint economics degree elsewhere (even though my whole PS was on economics).
Original post by Anonymous
You know what I just don’t believe that all of PSs are lacking - all of us who’ve been rejected have superb grades (predicted or achieved), and I’m sure had a heap interests and supracurriculars that weren’t just listed but described as part of a wider narrative. Of course we’d read LSE’s guidance for the PS and checked all the boxes etc. I’m sure there are other things at play…. In my case saying I sat TSA meant that they knew I had applied to a joint economics degree elsewhere (even though my whole PS was on economics).

I think ur overthinking it, I doubt they care whether you sat the TSA or not
Original post by Anonymous
I think ur overthinking it, I doubt they care whether you sat the TSA or not

people I know who got rejected also said they were doing the tsa on the form
They shouldn’t be allowed to ask - introduces bias
Reply 65

Reason PS

so sorry to hear that - their loss
Original post by Anonymous #6

you got rejected? What were your grades like at GCSE and A Level - and was the reason again just PS?

I’ve heard this a lot of times tbf, that they tend to reject Oxbridge applicants to maintain the proportion of how many people accept their offers, don’t know how much truth there is to this though,
Reply 67
i really am starting to feel like getting an offer especially from lse is mostly luck. how are they narrowing down fifteen students per place into 1 seat

Reason PS

was ur ps academic enough? like based upon books and specific theories cuz ive seen loads of admitted ps and they all focus on specific normally mathematical theories/models with loads of key words over practical work experience.
Dw tho honestly is their loss with ur amazing grades!

Maybe you didn't tick all the boxes since you got rejected.
Also rejected. Had achieved 4 A stars (and straight 9s) and PS was good. Weird tbh. Got Warwick waiting on others.

exactly same conditions and also rejected. did you get warwick economics offer? I haven't heard back yet?
Reply 71
Has anyone been accepted yet?
Anyone here got a warwick home economics offer yet?
Original post by K1w1e
Has anyone been accepted yet?

Nobody will get an offer until at least February.
Original post by lee_miller7

I’ve only seen one Warwick Econ offer for a home applicant this year in another thread, and that was a week ago.
Original post by Dhru9283
I am applying to LSE too guys good luck!

Grades: 99999999999999
A levels: A*A*A*A*A* (Maths, FM, Econ, Physics, History) + EPQ A*
Work experience: Goldman Sachs, HSBC, JP Morgan, Deloitte
Head Boy + Rugby Captain and Cricket Captain.

I'm not too sure whether I will get in LSE as it is so competitive but I am also applying to Harvard, Oxford, MIT and Princeton. I really hope I am good enough to secure a place, but I don't think I've put enough work in.

bro says he is unsure whether he will get into LSE when he has 6A*s. I mean my friend got into LSE with 6A*s so I think you're good :smile:)
Original post by lee_miller7

Yep surprised they gave it this early tbh. I have achieved grades tho
Hi All, can you help. I have applied to Oxford for E & M and LSE for straight economics. There is a lot of talk amongst people that LSE are likely to reject you if they think you have applied to Oxbridge. I know a few people who got in to Oxford and were rejected by LSE. Universities don’t know where else you have applied to but LSE circumvent that by asking you to complete a brief questionnaire in which they ask if you have undertaken any admission tests one of which is the TSA so they will know at the end of the day. Is there any truth in this? I still have time to withdraw my application and substitute it for another choice if I’m facing a rejection off the bat simply for applying to Oxford. Thanks an anticipation.
Original post by Anonymous #12
Hi All, can you help. I have applied to Oxford for E & M and LSE for straight economics. There is a lot of talk amongst people that LSE are likely to reject you if they think you have applied to Oxbridge. I know a few people who got in to Oxford and were rejected by LSE. Universities don’t know where else you have applied to but LSE circumvent that by asking you to complete a brief questionnaire in which they ask if you have undertaken any admission tests one of which is the TSA so they will know at the end of the day. Is there any truth in this? I still have time to withdraw my application and substitute it for another choice if I’m facing a rejection off the bat simply for applying to Oxford. Thanks an anticipation.

Although I have heard this too, this is very unlikely to be true, and probably just stemmed from a few disappointed LSE rejects who blamed their rejection on the fact that they applied to Oxbridge, and not anything that could be wrong with their actual application or not what LSE was looking for.

I suggest you don’t retract the application - LSE is at the same level if not better than Oxford for Economics, and having two amazing choices gives a higher chance of getting into a prestigious institution, rather than just putting all your eggs into one basket.

As long as your PS is what they’re looking for (ie. tailored to their course & supercurriculars), and your grades (a level and gcse) inc. FM are good, then you’re in for a chance, regardless of whether you’ve done the TSA or not.
Reply 79
Original post by Dhru9283
I am applying to LSE too guys good luck!

Grades: 99999999999999
A levels: A*A*A*A*A* (Maths, FM, Econ, Physics, History) + EPQ A*
Work experience: Goldman Sachs, HSBC, JP Morgan, Deloitte
Head Boy + Rugby Captain and Cricket Captain.

I'm not too sure whether I will get in LSE as it is so competitive but I am also applying to Harvard, Oxford, MIT and Princeton. I really hope I am good enough to secure a place, but I don't think I've put enough work in.

how did you manage to get work experience at all 4 of those firms/banks?

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending