The Student Room Group
Carr Saunders Halls, LSE
London School of Economics
London

LSE Economics L100 2024 Entry

Scroll to see replies

Original post by omarkanaa
how did you manage to get work experience at all 4 of those firms/banks?

The OP was satirical....
Carr Saunders Halls, LSE
London School of Economics
London
Reply 81
Original post by UnlawfulCarrot
The OP was satirical....

hahahaha i feel like an idiot now
Reply 82
Just got an offer for LSE Econ !!!!!!!!! home student
Original post by yzven

woah congrats, that's amazing! Do you have achieved grades or predicted?
Reply 84
Original post by Guyyoujustmet
woah congrats, that's amazing! Do you have achieved grades or predicted?

thank you!

predicted grades

im in shock lmao
Reply 85
Original post by yzven

omg congrats!! what r ur predicted + when did u apply if u dont mind me asking :smile:
Reply 86
Original post by user93_
omg congrats!! what r ur predicted + when did u apply if u dont mind me asking :smile:

5A* predicted including FM and EPQ

I applied in early October
Reply 87
Original post by yzven
thank you!

predicted grades

im in shock lmao

omg thats so good congratulations!!! did you write the tmua?
Reply 88
Original post by econ11234
omg thats so good congratulations!!! did you write the tmua?

yeah because i applied to cambridge too
Original post by yzven

you should put all your info on the form, i'm pretty sure you're the first offer for econ
Reply 90
Original post by Anonymous #13
you should put all your info on the form, i'm pretty sure you're the first offer for econ

have done
Reply 91
yo is aaa final grades econ maths physics and then gap yr enough to go kings or ucl
Also got an offer
Original post by Anonymous #14
Also got an offer

Tell us more lol
Original post by Anonymous #14
Also got an offer

what r ur predicteds and when did u apply
Reply 95
Original post by ramare23
yo is aaa final grades econ maths physics and then gap yr enough to go kings or ucl

for economics defo not bro, srry. I dont mean to be rude but gotta keep it real cuz they only give offers to people with basically all A* predicted grades as the top students apply. and for whatever reason universities see predicted gardes to be the same as actual grades.
Original post by ramare23

Absolutely NOT!!! ☹️ Because, when my cousin applied in 2019, he got an LSE Economics offer but they wanted A star in Maths regardless of him having achieved B in Maths and A stars in Chemistry and Biology. He also already had an AS-Level in Economics at A grade. So LSE rejected him for not having an A star in Maths. However, UCL Economics accepted him, with A stars in Chemistry and Biology and B in Maths along with an A in AS-Level Economics.

So you could try applying to UCL and KCL, but you're more likely to get offers from City, SOAS and RHUL. 🙂
Original post by thegeek888
Absolutely NOT!!! ☹️ Because, when my cousin applied in 2019, he got an LSE Economics offer but they wanted A star in Maths regardless of him having achieved B in Maths and A stars in Chemistry and Biology. He also already had an AS-Level in Economics at A grade. So LSE rejected him for not having an A star in Maths. However, UCL Economics accepted him, with A stars in Chemistry and Biology and B in Maths along with an A in AS-Level Economics.

So you could try applying to UCL and KCL, but you're more likely to get offers from City, SOAS and RHUL. 🙂

Why would LSE, one of the most competitive uni's in the world, accept him with a B in Maths, when they say they want an A*. Especially for their most competitive course.
Original post by Anonymous #15

what r ur predicteds and when did u apply

Applied on 12 Oct
Predicted 5A* including epq and maths(A* in 2023) further physics chem econ
GCSEs 12 9s
Original post by yzven

what was your score?! congrats on the offer btw!!

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending