The Student Room Group

Career Advice

Hey, I'm an English Lit finalist currently looking at going into law, attending lots of calls etc. and starting to apply for vac schemes. But oh my goodness it is miserable. I don't think I'm really built for a cold, corporate world, to be honest, and I don't think it's where my skills lie. I'd love a demanding/hard job as I love to work hard and push myself, but a lot of my experience lies in working with young people and/or working in mental health. I'm known for being quite a warm person and I need enough of a salary to be able to support myself as I don't have tons of parental support. I don't know, it's a tricky situation. Just wondering whether anybody might have suggestions for sectors to look into that I hadn't thought of yet? Thanks
Reply 1
Get into mental health, then. You seem like you are a good communicator, and if people find you warm and approachable like you say, your services will be much needed and appreciated. The rate of suicides in this country seems to increase with every passing year. Your kind is much needed.

Go online and look for mental health apprenticeships and the like TODAY. GET BACK TO ME WHEN YOU DO SO.
Reply 2
Also, given that you like hard work and you are approachable and probably nurturing, as you asseverated, why don't you also look into Sports coaching? This definitely takes advantage of those attributes of yours. Imagine being a Sports/ life coach to primary or secondary school students. Think on it. Cheers.

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending