The Student Room Group

GCSE Year 11 Art - Artist Research

Hello! We recently received our exam paper for GCSE Art + Design and I have no clue whether or not we are meant to stick the the artists suggested in the paper or we can find our own artists?? i’m assuming that we can choose our own but i just want to be safe! my teacher didn’t really clarify 😪 thanks!!
Original post by ella123444
Hello! We recently received our exam paper for GCSE Art + Design and I have no clue whether or not we are meant to stick the the artists suggested in the paper or we can find our own artists?? i’m assuming that we can choose our own but i just want to be safe! my teacher didn’t really clarify 😪 thanks!!

Hi @ella123444

Maybe double check with your teacher again, but you should be good to use both artists suggested and your own choices. Be sure to check that the artists you find yourself are established artists, rather than artists you might find on Instagram and Tiktok - some advice from my art teacher. But choosing your own as well as researching the suggested artists will show some extra thought and consideration of your research.

Best of luck with your project!
Emily
Student Rep at BCU 🙂
Reply 2
Original post by BCU Student Rep
Hi @ella123444

Maybe double check with your teacher again, but you should be good to use both artists suggested and your own choices. Be sure to check that the artists you find yourself are established artists, rather than artists you might find on Instagram and Tiktok - some advice from my art teacher. But choosing your own as well as researching the suggested artists will show some extra thought and consideration of your research.

Best of luck with your project!
Emily
Student Rep at BCU 🙂

Thanks so much! I managed to find another list of suggested artists from my teacher, so I’ve chosen some which weren’t suggested in the paper to research too.
Thanks again!

Quick Reply

Latest