The Student Room Group

Advice on future routes

I’m currently in YR11 and have a good 5-6 months left until my GCSE exams. I’m averaging 4s-5s mostly.

If I wanted to take a route in policing/law enforcement - what do you guys suggest I do in college?
Reply 1
- History
- Politcs
- Maths, a science, economics or a language
Original post by Dazza07h
- History
- Politcs
- Maths, a science, economics or a language

Do you advise on anything else except for A levels?
Reply 3
Original post by tricky-bellow
Do you advise on anything else except for A levels?

Oops i misread the first post. I thought it just said law. You can do the a levels i mentioned, or an apprenticeship. If you do the a levels, youll most likely go through the uni route to go to the police force. Whereas for an apprenticeship, it takes you there straight away, altho it might be easier to climb up the ranks with a degree. It just depends if you prefer an academic route or not
What are some good level 3 equivalents which can equate to 64 UCAS points? What kind of BTECs should I take to make it easier for myself? (I don’t want to go to uni)
Reply 5
Original post by tricky-bellow
What are some good level 3 equivalents which can equate to 64 UCAS points? What kind of BTECs should I take to make it easier for myself? (I don’t want to go to uni)

Honestly I have no idea about anything other than a-levels, so I suggest joining the police cadets to get an idea of which direction you want to go in.

Quick Reply

Latest