The Student Room Group

University fees

Hi, I was kicked out of university for failing an assignment. I was one week away from third year. Will I still be charged for full tuition fees even though I did not complete my degree?
Did you start your third year?

If you have 2 years of previous study then you wouldn't receive a tuition fee loan for year 1 of a new degree course.
If you started 3rd year then that counts as 3 years of previous study and therefore no tuition fee loan for years 1 and 2 of a new degree course.

There are some exempt courses - what degree are you hoping to start this time around?
Reply 2
Original post by PQ
Did you start your third year?

If you have 2 years of previous study then you wouldn't receive a tuition fee loan for year 1 of a new degree course.
If you started 3rd year then that counts as 3 years of previous study and therefore no tuition fee loan for years 1 and 2 of a new degree course.

There are some exempt courses - what degree are you hoping to start this time around?

Hi, I started 1st and 2nd year. I was studying adult nursing and was hoping to resume in 2024 September, but as I didn’t complete 2nd year, I would have to start from 2nd year again.
Original post by Amy6165252717
Hi, I was kicked out of university for failing an assignment. I was one week away from third year. Will I still be charged for full tuition fees even though I did not complete my degree?

Hi Amy,

It's up to your university to decide whether or not to charge you any fees, so that's something we'd definitely recommend asking them directly.

Thanks, Graeme

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending