The Student Room Group

Part Time Jobs

So I am currently studying OU's Full Time Health Science degree and I was wondering is any part time job acceptable alongside it. I got an offer to work in a healthcare setting but the hours are so long, like 8:30 till 6:30pm for majority of the week 3/5 days. I want to take it but the only thing that's stopping me is the hours. Also I was thinking if not I could take a childcare role as if you do Schooling for Pre Schoolers it would be school hours and you could select days to study alongside. I wasn't to be a healthcare worker when I leave so wondering what job might be better as I realise, I have to study alot!!!!! Any help would be appreciated!!!!
Original post by Bwilson4
So I am currently studying OU's Full Time Health Science degree and I was wondering is any part time job acceptable alongside it. I got an offer to work in a healthcare setting but the hours are so long, like 8:30 till 6:30pm for majority of the week 3/5 days. I want to take it but the only thing that's stopping me is the hours. Also I was thinking if not I could take a childcare role as if you do Schooling for Pre Schoolers it would be school hours and you could select days to study alongside. I wasn't to be a healthcare worker when I leave so wondering what job might be better as I realise, I have to study alot!!!!! Any help would be appreciated!!!!
Hello @Bwilson4,

It can definitely be tricky to balance work and study - but it can be done!

We have a blog post dedicated to providing full-time professionals with strategies to balance full-time work and study - https://bit.ly/3PgRZ9z. These are the tips we share with our students who are studying our flexible, online BSc or MSc courses. I understand this isn't exactly your situation, but I wanted to share incase it helps you with your dilemma.

I hope that this helps and good luck!

Thanks, Becky

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending