The Student Room Group

PGDE Scotland 2024

Scroll to see replies

Original post by jenjen82
Anyone who has interviewed for Glasgow primary, how quickly did you hear back?
I have a friend who heard back with an offer one week and one day after interview. I'm secondary but was exactly the same. This was around 3rd week of Feb. Good luck
Original post by Claire246
Hi Kirsty , I just accepted my Unconditional to History as I managed to find some information on their website. Thank you for replying though and best of luck with your studies

Hi Claire! No problem, congratulations!! Thank you.
Original post by carylyn
I have a friend who heard back with an offer one week and one day after interview. I'm secondary but was exactly the same. This was around 3rd week of Feb. Good luck

Thanks! Got offer tonight, five days after interview.
Anyone else doing History PGDE?
Original post by Claire246
Anyone else doing History PGDE?

Hiya, congratulations on your offer 👏 I’ll be going History PGDE this year at Glasgow. Where is it you’ll be studying?
Original post by GemGem0594
Hiya, congratulations on your offer 👏 I’ll be going History PGDE this year at Glasgow. Where is it you’ll be studying?

Thank you and you too ! I'm studying in the Highlands with UHI , really looking forward to it
(edited 4 weeks ago)
Hello, seeing a lot of people saying they are waiting for responses while others getting offers/rejections already. I asked a uni about this and their admissions team said they often score candidates and use this to offer the top set places right away, reject those who scored lowest and then if you scored in the middle they will wait to see how many of the first offers are accepted then offer to others afterwards.

So if you've not heard back and it's been a while since you interviewed then it's likely they are waiting for other people to respond to offers. You should hear something by 16th May but potentially not anything definitive until after the response deadline on 6th June.

Essentially, if you already have an offer from the uni you want then accept it and reject the others to let other people hear back sooner!
Original post by hopec24
Hello, seeing a lot of people saying they are waiting for responses while others getting offers/rejections already. I asked a uni about this and their admissions team said they often score candidates and use this to offer the top set places right away, reject those who scored lowest and then if you scored in the middle they will wait to see how many of the first offers are accepted then offer to others afterwards.
So if you've not heard back and it's been a while since you interviewed then it's likely they are waiting for other people to respond to offers. You should hear something by 16th May but potentially not anything definitive until after the response deadline on 6th June.
Essentially, if you already have an offer from the uni you want then accept it and reject the others to let other people hear back sooner!

Thank you for posting this!
Original post by natashac99
I can’t find another thread (sorry if there is!) for 2024 applicants so I thought I would make one. I am applying for Primary at Dundee and Edinburgh. Really hoping I get in and that I hear back sooner than last time!

Hey I’m applying for PGDE in biology at Edinburgh

Graduating from Dundee this year in my BSc
Original post by natashac99
I can’t find another thread (sorry if there is!) for 2024 applicants so I thought I would make one. I am applying for Primary at Dundee and Edinburgh. Really hoping I get in and that I hear back sooner than last time!

Hi Natasha, have you heard back yet? I'm still waiting since my interview with UWS in Feb, I contacted admissions to ask when I'd hear back and they said they were still interviewing that was mid March.
Hi everyone, Im hoping someone knows some more about this than I do! Googled a good few times to try find out but Im really no further forward. I have an offer for strathclyde primary and I am really pleased, however I am very keen to do the catholic teaching award to be able to teach in all schools. I know Glasgow offer this as part of the course and after some research it looks like its something you can obtain via online course if you don't go to Glasgow? Does anyone know if Strathclyde offer any link to this and if doing the online course is okay/common? Really any more information on this is helpful as I feel a bit lost and probably next step would be to ask staff at Strathclyde but i don't want to be a pain!
Anyone else still waiting to hear back 🥲
Original post by awahlberg24

Yes still waiting for UHI (only 1 I applied to) had my interview 21st Feb. Wishing they would just tell me either way.

I got my conditional offer through with UWS and sent my documents over, on 4th April then I got my place confirmed yesterday - the admissions team had emailed to say there was uploading problems with UCAS and that's why it took a while for my place to be confirmed. What Uni are you waiting on? I emailed UWS as it was nearly 2 weeks and they emailed straight back. They've been brilliant.

I heard back from UHI with a conditional offer pretty quickly after my interview but I haven’t heard anything from Strathclyde other than submitting my Maths and English grades to them, not even an interview! I don’t really mind though as UHI is where I really wanted to go but it would be nice to hear back from them and I can’t even tell if it will be good or bad. You would think I need an interview to be accepted but surely if they are rejecting me they would just do it already. I’m pretty sure I is have up until the 16th May to get back to us.
I'd put in my documents straight away after applying in October for Strathclyde and didn't get an interview, no other contact from them until last week they declined my application!
Original post by Steph2024
Yes still waiting for UHI (only 1 I applied to) had my interview 21st Feb. Wishing they would just tell me either way.

Ugh I am in the same boat only with Strathclyde 🥲 had my interview late feb too. very frustrating I am losing my mind 🙃 i would love to know either way worried they just forgot I exist
Original post by lisabrennan
I'd put in my documents straight away after applying in October for Strathclyde and didn't get an interview, no other contact from them until last week they declined my application!
I think they will probably do the same with me and decline me at some point but I don’t really mind as I have an offer from the uni I want to go to.
Original post by lisabrennan
I got my conditional offer through with UWS and sent my documents over, on 4th April then I got my place confirmed yesterday - the admissions team had emailed to say there was uploading problems with UCAS and that's why it took a while for my place to be confirmed. What Uni are you waiting on? I emailed UWS as it was nearly 2 weeks and they emailed straight back. They've been brilliant.

I didn’t apply to UWS but this makes me wish I had :’) I’m waiting on strathclyde (had an interview late feb). Congratulations on your offer!!!
Original post by kirsty1208
I heard back from UHI with a conditional offer pretty quickly after my interview but I haven’t heard anything from Strathclyde other than submitting my Maths and English grades to them, not even an interview! I don’t really mind though as UHI is where I really wanted to go but it would be nice to hear back from them and I can’t even tell if it will be good or bad. You would think I need an interview to be accepted but surely if they are rejecting me they would just do it already. I’m pretty sure I is have up until the 16th May to get back to us.

Congrats on your offer!! Yes I was also thinking rejections would come out faster, I would just like to know either way! Extra stressful as I’m not from the UK and would need time to get visa sorted out.

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending