The Student Room Group

PGDE Scotland 2024

Scroll to see replies

Reply 20
Original post by GemGem0594
Hiya, finally there is another person applying for the same course. It was all quiet on the western front for a while there. Do you have a preference in terms of uni? And of course best of luck in your application, the wait is killing me

Hey!

Ideally I would like Strathclyde or Glasgow so it's easier staying at home what about you?? Best of luck to you too! The wait is killing me too! Hope to hear something by Christmas but I don't think so!
Hi all, I got and have accepted an unconditioal offer from the University of Glasgow for PGDE Maths (Secondary). Wishing everyone all the best!!
Original post by Dylan Halliday
Hi all, I got and have accepted an unconditioal offer from the University of Glasgow for PGDE Maths (Secondary). Wishing everyone all the best!!

That is awesome. Congratulations, brilliant news.
Reply 23
Original post by Dylan Halliday

Huge congratulations, Dylan! Quick question, did you ever do SWAP? Your name is a bit familiar to me.

I did SWAP Access to Humanities in 2017-18 then went onto doing my undergraduate degree at Glasgow from 2018 to 2022.

I'm now doing my PGDE Secondary at Glasgow.

Congratulations again!!
Original post by chez84
Huge congratulations, Dylan! Quick question, did you ever do SWAP? Your name is a bit familiar to me.

I did SWAP Access to Humanities in 2017-18 then went onto doing my undergraduate degree at Glasgow from 2018 to 2022.

I'm now doing my PGDE Secondary at Glasgow.

Congratulations again!!

Thank you! Yeah I did do SWAP Access to STEM, then done my maths degree at Stirling Uni, and now got into Glasgow to do my PGDE in August 2024! Hope your PGDE is going well!
Reply 25
Original post by username6607534
Thank you! Yeah I did do SWAP Access to STEM, then done my maths degree at Stirling Uni, and now got into Glasgow to do my PGDE in August 2024! Hope your PGDE is going well!

Aww amazing! Delighted for you in getting an offer.

Yes, I'm loving it albeit it is very full on and demanding sometimes.

I've just finished my 1st placement.
Hey all, Edinburgh uni have sent me an interview invite for January. Lots of time to prepare.

Hope others get their invites through soon.
Reply 27
Original post by kimbarclay83
Hey all, Edinburgh uni have sent me an interview invite for January. Lots of time to prepare.

Hope others get their invites through soon.

Hi Kim, I'm the same and also have a Strathclyde one :smile:)
Original post by ErinB21
Hi Kim, I'm the same and also have a Strathclyde one :smile:)

Awe, that's great news!
Reply 29
Hello..I’m looking to apply within the next couple of weeks to teach Art and Design Secondary in Glasgow and Strathclyde, well done to everyone for their interviews this far!
I’m currently looking in to funding to see if it’s feasible for me to work part time while studying.. maybe a bit much but it would be very helpful, especially if I’m giving up my full time job. Anyone else in the same boat?
Reply 30
Hi all. Mature student here considering a career change to Modern Languages PGDE, having been involved in sport for the past 12 years.

Have also taught English as a foreign language over the years, and started the PGDE (for 4 months) 12 years ago!

A few questions:

1) How have other mature students found the experience?

2) Do you think having passed the PGDE interview and done part of the course will help this time?

3) For the reference, so far I can only see that I have to name the reference and their contact details. Am I right in saying I just need to submit this with the reference’s name before the 31st Jan deadline? Or does the reference need to come back from them in advance, and I insert it somewhere in the application?

Thanks in advance for all the help!
Reply 31
Oh also:

4) Does anyone know how much of the course is online these days? Are some parts online and some in person?
Original post by Spade0002
Hi all. Mature student here considering a career change to Modern Languages PGDE, having been involved in sport for the past 12 years.

Have also taught English as a foreign language over the years, and started the PGDE (for 4 months) 12 years ago!

A few questions:

2) Do you think having passed the PGDE interview and done part of the course will help this time?

3) For the reference, so far I can only see that I have to name the reference and their contact details. Am I right in saying I just need to submit this with the reference’s name before the 31st Jan deadline? Or does the reference need to come back from them in advance, and I insert it somewhere in the application?

Regarding the reference, UCAS won’t let you submit the application, I believe, until the reference has been completed, so I would submit your reference’s details as soon as possible. Your reference will then get an e-mail with the request for them to complete. As long as you remind them that it is due for the end of the month it should all be ok :smile:.
Reply 33
Original post by piscesrising
Original post by Spade0002

A few questions:

Regarding the reference, UCAS won’t let you submit the application, I believe, until the reference has been completed, so I would submit your reference’s details as soon as possible. Your reference will then get an e-mail with the request for them to complete. As long as you remind them that it is due for the end of the month it should all be ok :smile:.

Thanks for the info! Really useful.
Reply 34
Hi everyone, got an offer from Strathclyde for History PGDE 🙂 just wondering if anyone is in the same boat? Best of luck to everyone still waiting 🙂
Original post by ErinB21
Hi everyone, got an offer from Strathclyde for History PGDE 🙂 just wondering if anyone is in the same boat? Best of luck to everyone still waiting 🙂

I got an offer through from Edinburgh for Maths PGDE. Counting down the days until August and to get started. Hope everyone still waiting hears back soon with the news they are hoping for.
Reply 36
Hello everyone, I am applying for a PGDE in Art & Design applying to Edinburgh, Glasgow, Strathclyde. I’m a 2:1 Illustration graduate but I see there’s a want for ‘fine art’ experience like printmaking, sculpture etc. which I didn’t do too much of at uni (I mostly did digital drawing, sketching and painting). Will I be asked to bring a physical portfolio to the interview?

I also don’t have secondary school experience I have experience volunteering once a week at an early learning centre for 1.5 years (not so recent), and have been volunteering at a creative youth group (secondary age children) since August 2023. I’ve done some other work ‘for’ kids but not with them. Is this going to put me at a serious disadvantage?

Sorry for rambling, I am just doubting my application!
Hello! I’ve been offered an interview to Glasgow in a few weeks for PGDE Art and Design, and I’m so looking forward to it!

Similar question to one that’s already been asked, does anyone know what’s expected of me regarding folio? I’ve got a lot of painting, tonal, watercolour and design work but unsure how much I’m expected to bring and how many fields they should cover?
(edited 3 months ago)
Original post by ErinB21

Congratulations @ErinB21 !
I am currently studying the History PGDE at Strathclyde so if you have any questions feel free to message.
Catherine - Strathclyde University Student Ambassador
Reply 39
Original post by University of Strathclyde Student Ambassador
Congratulations @ErinB21 !
I am currently studying the History PGDE at Strathclyde so if you have any questions feel free to message.
Catherine - Strathclyde University Student Ambassador

Hi Catherine!
I have a few questions! Just what does the timetable look like and when it will become available? So excited to get started 😁

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending