The Student Room Group

PGDE Scotland 2024

Scroll to see replies

Hi all, I couldn’t access my old account for some reason and now I appear as username. My name is Dylan Halliday and I have firmly accepted my offer for PGDE Maths at Glasgow University. How is everyone getting on with interviews and offers?
Reply 41
Original post by chez84
Hi everyone,

I'm a PGDE History student who's currently at Glasgow. I was unsuccessful in the 2022 entry for the PGDE. However, I was successful for 2023 entry. I'm almost finished my first placement.

If anyone has any questions etc., please feel free to ask.

Good luck to you all!

Hi, I have an interview in the next few weeks for Glasgow. Can you remember the written part of the interview? That's what I'm most anxious about I think. I'm not sure if it might be about education or specific to my subject (biology). I want to be as prepared as I can!
Original post by carylyn
Hi, I have an interview in the next few weeks for Glasgow. Can you remember the written part of the interview? That's what I'm most anxious about I think. I'm not sure if it might be about education or specific to my subject (biology). I want to be as prepared as I can!

Hi, my interview only took 15 minutes. The written task is on a teaching related topic. My topic wasn’t related to my subject. You have 30 minutes to complete the task and email it back to the tutor.
Reply 43
Original post by dylhaliday
Hi, my interview only took 15 minutes. The written task is on a teaching related topic. My topic wasn’t related to my subject. You have 30 minutes to complete the task and email it back to the tutor.

Would you recommend I research any particular websites or anything? Any advise much appreciated! Congratulations on getting in!
Original post by carylyn
Would you recommend I research any particular websites or anything? Any advise much appreciated! Congratulations on getting in!

No, but they give you the questions in advance that they are going to ask you. I would recommend you watch this video before your interview: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=MhCr1C250-4&feature=youtu.be.

You can find the questions here for PGDE:

https://www.gla.ac.uk/schools/education/study/undergraduate/informationforapplicants/pgdeprimarysecondary/#interviewguidelines(secondary),programmekeyinformation,applicationkeyinformation,interviews
No, but they give you the questions in advance that they are going to ask you. I would recommend you watch this video before your interview: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=MhCr1C250-4&feature=youtu.be.

You can find the questions here for PGDE:

https://www.gla.ac.uk/schools/education/study/undergraduate/informationforapplicants/pgdeprimarysecondary/#interviewguidelines(secondary),programmekeyinformation,applicationkeyinformation,interviews

I'm not your original comment that asked for info, but this is so helpful Dylan thank you!

I have my interview next week. Feeling quite prepared but a little nervous about the written project as I have a tendency to ramble. I've given the video a watch and it was super informative and appreciated

thanks again!
Original post by ndmryflrnc
I'm not your original comment that asked for info, but this is so helpful Dylan thank you!

I have my interview next week. Feeling quite prepared but a little nervous about the written project as I have a tendency to ramble. I've given the video a watch and it was super informative and appreciated

thanks again!

No problem! Which secondary subject are you applying for? Or are you a primary student?
No problem! Which secondary subject are you applying for? Or are you a primary student?

Art and Design! Still waiting to hear anything from UWS
Original post by ndmryflrnc
Art and Design! Still waiting to hear anything from UWS

Good luck with your interview! The nice thing about Glasgow as it’s an individual interview and written task, no presentation involved.
Hi, how is everyone getting on? Anyone accepted any offers? Anyone accepted Glasgow Uni?

Good luck to those who have interviews coming up!!
Hey folks, I’ve been offered a place at Napier for the PGDE in Maths. I’ve also got an interview for Glasgow next week.

It’s such a huge relief that I’ve secured a place, it’s making me feel a lot more relaxed for any future interviews. I hope everyone is having a positive experience so far, it’s such a nerve wracking time!
Original post by unconscious-peas
Hey folks, I’ve been offered a place at Napier for the PGDE in Maths. I’ve also got an interview for Glasgow next week.

It’s such a huge relief that I’ve secured a place, it’s making me feel a lot more relaxed for any future interviews. I hope everyone is having a positive experience so far, it’s such a nerve wracking time!

Hi, congratulations on your Napier offer. I got an unconditional for PGDE Maths at Glasgow Uni and I have accepted and firmed it. Glasgow interview is fairly straight forward, you get asked five questions and then have to complete a written task. Good luck!
Thank you so much and well done on your place at Glasgow! Having the questions in advance has definitely made the preparation much more straightforward, which I am really glad of.

The written task is a bit more of an unknown but I’m sure it should be manageable whatever it turns out to be!
Hi all, I have created a FB page for applicants and offer holders in Scotland for PGDE. Here is the link: https://www.facebook.com/groups/923412215845821/
Reply 54
Has anyone just applied this week for primary at Strathclyde / Glasgow / Edinburgh / UWS? Just wondering how long to hear back.
UWS got back to me in November and Glasgow December. I never went to UWS interview because I realised the accommodation wasn’t guaranteed. I had my Glasgow interview in December and I accepted the unconditional offer. Good luck!
Original post by jenjen82
Has anyone just applied this week for primary at Strathclyde / Glasgow / Edinburgh / UWS? Just wondering how long to hear back.

I sent my UCAS application on the 12th Jan, had a rejection from Glasgow on the 25th and heard from Strathclyde today asking to upload docs. My friend applied a couple of days before me and has already had interviews! Not feeling hopeful. But from what I can gather it’s quite quick if you’re being invited to interview.
Reply 57
Original post by lilacpalibin
I sent my UCAS application on the 12th Jan, had a rejection from Glasgow on the 25th and heard from Strathclyde today asking to upload docs. My friend applied a couple of days before me and has already had interviews! Not feeling hopeful. But from what I can gather it’s quite quick if you’re being invited to interview.

Thanks for the info! Good luck!
Original post by jenjen82
Thanks for the info! Good luck!

Good luck to you too, hopefully you won’t be waiting long
For PGDE, I run a group on FB for PGDE applicants and offer holders. Feel free to join, here’s the link:

https://www.facebook.com/groups/923412215845821/?ref=share_group_link

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending